Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm taking the dog for a walk tonight and she stops to have a p**p, of course at a stop sign. I always scoop after Daisy, here at home in my own yard and out for walks. Well, this guy sees me whip out a bag and decides that sitting at the stop sign and watching me scoop is entertaining! :angry: <_< :angry: Get a life!!!! Let me just say, if looks could kill his car would still be sitting at the stop sign with him slumped over the wheel. He eventually got the message (I wasn't going to pick it up with him staring at me) and he moved on, but how RUDE! The other day there was a write up in the paper about the downtown being full of doggy p**p now that the snow has melted. Well, with people like that who feels like cleaning up after their dog! I have two kids, babysit three more....I've changed more diapers and cleaned up more puke, dog scooping does not gross me out in anyway. It's just a fact of my life.....I wanted a dog, I clean up after it. Some people need to get a life. Needed to vent that.....feeling much better. Thanks.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Kinda makes ya feel like scooping it up and holding it out to him like, "What? ... You want some?!" :blink:

*heh*

·
Registered
775 Posts
I hate to admit it but I am one of those people to watch and make sure you pick up :blink: I live in a subdivision and we have a mile walking trail that wraps around the lake. SO many people from other subdivisions walk their dogs in our developement and just keep walking. They have no intention of picking up the crap. Then we are left with it to step in or have or kids walk in it. I carry extra bags and don't hesititate to offer one to someone who just keeps walking. I've had several people be embarrassed by me and have to clean up. They should do so even if no one is watching! Now I opened my big mouth!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good for you, Maggie's Mommy! I have those little poopie bags attached to Abby's leash, so poopie scooping is easy to do and I don't mind finishing our walk holding those little blue bags. makes people wonder what I've go in the bag (he he he). Too bad more people aren't as considerate.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
We also use the poop bag holder that attaches to the leash, so we always have them with us. It really gripes me when people don't pick up after their dogs, and give all dog owners a bad name as a result. We walk Bogie near a neighborhood park where kids play, people push baby strollers, kids skate, etc. and we always have to watch where we step on the sidewalk because of the poop piles left on the walk. So gross!!
The last time we camped the owner of the campground stopped by and thanked us for picking up after Bogie. He said he wished all campers would be so considerate. Last year at Christmas we put the holders and extra bags in our kids stockings for their dogs along with dog treats. They always picked up after their dogs using plastic grocery bags, and loved the new easier blue baggies and holders.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should have added to my original post.....That the guy was not watching to see if I scooped it up...he was laughing because I was! I did scoop up after the dog ONLY after the guy continued on his way. I would have stood in that one spot all day if he hadn't of moved on so I could scoop, but I wasn't going to scoop it up in front of him for his entertainment. I'm that stubborn! Guess that's why I get along so well with my Basset...we're both good and stubborn. I'll crawl back into my hole again and I'll try to remember.............resist posting.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone out there had someone stop, stare and laugh at them while pooper scooping?!?! I originally wrote this post to say that this gentleman (?) stopped, stared and laughed because he saw me standing there with a blue bag over my hand waiting for my dog to finish so I could pick up after her. Or maybe he thought I was Micheal Jackson trying to start a new trend?! Its people like this that make responsible pet owners who are scooping feel like their being ridiculed! Its not fun to have people laughing at you while cleaning up after your dog and if more people would stop making fun more people would pick up after their dogs! The newspaper article went on to say that maybe we should educate children in school on how to pick up after their dogs! Maybe they should also educate these same children not to make fun of the people that ARE picking up after their dog!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts