Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am interested in purchasinga Basset puppy. I found 3 breeders and would like some comments.
1: BFH Bassets , Basset Hound Breeder, AKC Registered Basset Hound puppies in Mississippi

2: www.ondamdeer.com in Ohio

3. Dog & Cat Resort Boarding Kennel in Maryland in Virgina.

I am looking for a basset male tri color pup and I am in NJ and I am at a loss as far as trying to find one. I have looked at the BHCA and they seem very expensive for a pet quality basset. Around $1200. Can someone please help me as far as locating a male pup in my are or some opinions or thought on the above mentioned sites. :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
BFH Bassets

BFH is near me, and we were considering adopting one of their adults a few months ago, but couldn't coordinate our schedules to come and meet them. Haven't been out to the farm, but they seemed nice on the phone and via e-mail.

Been looking at these puppies too!
Appalachian Big Foot Basset Hounds

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Dear Bassetdude, Sometimes you must be patient to get the right breeder and the right puppy. if you go with a good breeder through the BHCA ,yes, their puppies may be more expensive but get on a waiting list and save the money. I have been in bassets since 1987 and can tell you from experience there is no cheap puppy. You pay for a good one whose parents have been bred the right way or you will pay some very expensive Vet bills by purchasing a puppy from somewhere else. Personally,I would not even purchase a pet if the breeder does not belong to the BHCA. Do YOUR homework on this. The people from the first place say all the right things but their dogs do not have the correct comformation which I can tell by the photos.The names of their breeding dogs have no known kennel names. Example: I do not have a kennel but any puppy I breed will go with the prefix,"Brownstone". "Brownstone's Heart's Desire". So where the puppy came from is easily recognized by the registered name. Anyway, the point I'm getting at is don't be in such a hurry ,save up the money to buy a puppy you won't regret buying. You will get what you pay for either way you go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts