Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Hello. It's been long time since my last post (just hovering in the background).

But I really really need some help and advice.... My older Bassett (Poppy - now over 2 years old) has recently become agressive (when I say recently I mean in the last 4 months) towards my husband - the straw that broke the camels back with me today which prompted my post was she actually went for him with real aggression!! I am beside myself, why is she doing this? We do everything right and we've had no problems with our 9 month old (Tillie - such a sweetie, so gentle).

I really don't want to do anything drastic (but the last thing I want is for her to bite somebody) - I just cannot understand it she is such a sweet girl normally, just really aggresive towards my husband...

PLEASE HELP!!!

Many thanks,
Jaimie

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is only when he goes to let her out to pee or he wants her to move.

No health issues - she doesn't do it with me (maybe it's because she knows that I'm 'top dog'??)

Yes she is spayed.

Any ideas?

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guy, guys! What can I say? Thanks so very much for all of the advice - I will have Stuart read it all and we'll see where we go - but I will get her checked out by the vet - Just to be sure.

Thanks again!

Lots of love to you all (and your babies!!)

Jaimie
xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.