Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I own two Bassets, Fred and Mae. Fred is 13 and we've had him since he was a pup. We rescued Mae (11 yrs) two years ago from a great organization that got her out of a puppy mill. We are trying to gather money to fence in our back yard for our Bassets to run and play, and for the future Bassets we plan to rescue. Unfortunately, we've run into unforseen Vet bills. Fred has numerous fatty tumors that need removed, and Mae just had a malignant breast tumor removed. We love our Bassets, and are asking for any size donations to help us. Please visit our website at Home Page

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
My Daisy is 9 and she has had 3 surgeries and a total of 30 fatty tumors removed. I was initially told they would just be "okay" and they were mostly removed for "cosmetic" purposes. That was okay for a short time until some of them grew to the size of a tangerine and then they rupture (and drain everywhere which is just awful) and then they become infected. I had pet insurance with a 100 deductible which is the only thing that saved me. Since her surgeries to have them removed, she has had another 10 or so pop up. They are always in different places on her body. She has a huge one that is inside her throat now which if I were to describe it, it feels like tonsils on a person only 3 times the size. I hope someone can help you. Please keep us updated.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts