Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Lexie was very lethargic this morning and was shaking and shivering when se was asleep - which was almost all the time. She had pano a few weeks back in her R-Front leg but now she can't walk on her back R-leg. Can this be pano. I'm always so scared it might be tick tick-fever(sorry my english...) Could this be symptomatic of tick-fever?

When she is up - she is quite content and happy with waving tail etc etc....

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Kindest Regards,
Simone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - my hubby has called the vet - waiting for them to call back - they're a bit busy...hopefully its just pano

but thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
It's good to check with the vet. It could be another round of Pano. It often will reappear in another leg. Both Bogie and Bubba had bouts with different legs, front and rear, both shivered from pain, and the vet said they will often run fever as well which can cause the shivering. Bogie sends healing drool and hope Lexie feels better soon.

Aroooos from Bogie!
You don't own a Basset, a Basset owns you!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I hope its just pano, too; Daisy had the same 'migrating' pain when she had pano, from leg to another, and shivered--dont recall if she ran a temp or not, but it sure sounds like it.

Sending healing drool and hugs and best wishes!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all, gave her the Pano med that we had - and the leg is all better!!!
She does still seem to shiver sometimes - might be that she still has pain or is getting accustomed to the Winter here in SA. Taking into account this is her first winter ever!!! hee hee

but all in all she's a happy "little" dog.

my sweetest pudding is back!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Pearly went through many bouts of pano as a pup but she finally grew out of it. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The vet should tell you about the medication that was rx'd for the pano. It probably has to be given for a certain length of time. That's what Ruby went thru when she was young.

Also, your dog must be crated during this time to rest the legs. Ask the vet for specific instructions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts