Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else's bassets try to get you to stay at home by assuming the "I'm so depressed that you are leaving me" stance?

Every morning as I get ready to leave the house, the boys go to the same spot and look at me like this:

Makes it very tough to walk out that door.

·
Registered
209 Posts
How Cute!!!

I am lucky as I work from home and am able to babysit my two beasties during the day.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Yes, what a great pic and thread!!

bassets are just so wonderful and funny like that. and really, really cute.
wiener dogs are a little like that, too, i have a pic of my old one next to my suitcase with the 'please don't go' look, too, but they are like that much less of the time.

bassets are the best! but yeah, very hard to leave them.

·
Registered
972 Posts
yup, that's some heartwrenching poses there. I almost cried, hard, one day when I had to leave work and Bowser was still a puppy...and was in a pen, and started to cry, after giving me this horrible look. I actually called in late and spent a little bit of time playing and making him tired so he would sleep for the couple hours i would be gone! After that i changed the set up so daisy could be with him all the time. don't know why i had it any different at first! lol

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Yes, I get that too. When I'm getting ready for work, he goes right in his crate and gives me "the look". When I close the door on it, he gives a big sigh. "It's ok, mom go ahead and leave me (big sigh), I'll be fine in here all by myself. You just go on now (big sigh)."

·
Registered
246 Posts
Aww!! Exactly one of the reasons I hate that school starts next week for my daughter. Daisy has had her fair share of free run of the house this summer. She has grown accustomed to her crate if we leave home for a few hours, but nothing close to a 6-7 hr day. Luckily I work part time, so it won't be every day. But I still feel guilty. Guess I better get those treat-filled Kongs frozen & ready!

·
Registered
3 Posts
That was one of the major contributing factors to me quitting my job in the corporate world!!! And although the three of us spend the entire day together, I still get it when I have to go to the shop... At least the welcome home makes up for it - until the next time... :) Only a Basset can make a person feel this loved.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oh that is so pitiful! I get that look soooo much from Maggie! It almost breaks my heart!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Such a pathetic look on their faces... This morning Chuck went into "hyper basset" mode when I was leaving for work. He's normally so lazy and carefree but this morning I think someone spiked his kibble!

·
Registered
972 Posts
uber and bella, you are so right! i have never felt this loved (except with my mom, and now i know why she always gave me so many kisses as a kid!) i can't get enough bowser kisses on his nose, and he is so sad when i leave, and sooooo happy when i'm home! I'm doing part time now, and i love having more time with him!

·
Registered
761 Posts
My two give me this look while I'm getting dressed in the bedroom. I don't work so I sometimes just stay in pajamas. But if I'm pulling jeans on they know I'm going somewhere and they start laying it on thick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh they know how to 'lay it on thick' (the guilt) my two do every day.. hate leaving them but have to earn a living

·
Registered
437 Posts
Gosh guys, I just was thinking (and going thru this) this afternoon when I left for work...I work a swing shift and 12 hr days (plus a 40min one/way commute), Eventhough daddy was home and they were heading out in the yard to explore...Woody still ran to my jeep first and jumped up to get in...Daddy had to hold him back and he even ran after the jeep while I left.(talk about feeling guily as my baby was chasing me)...:(.

He definitely has the guilt trip down to a science.....

glad I am not the only one who has it..

Woody Hayes' mom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts