·
Registered
1,244 Posts
:lol: thanks for sharing! :lol:

~Heather

·
Registered
932 Posts
Those aren't frogs, they're toads! If the hounds pick them up, they'll probably foam at the mouth. Toads secrete a toxin from the parotid glands on either side of the neck. Most dogs never make the mistake twice! The marine toads in Florida are actually so poisonous, they can kill a dog! Scary! :eek:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those aren't frogs, they're toads! If the hounds pick them up, they'll probably foam at the mouth. Toads secrete a toxin from the parotid glands on either side of the neck. Most dogs never make the mistake twice! The marine toads in Florida are actually so poisonous, they can kill a dog! Scary! :eek:[/b]
Ya, my sister's dog will eat them, then he'll foam for a day or so. Digger won't pay much attention anymore, but Dozer was swating the water with his paw today. He hasn't foamed yet, but when he gets sick he'll learn. There's no way to get rid of the toads, even without the pond, the garden is full of them.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Toads, frogs...they're all the same to me. Squishy looking vile things. There are some definite positives to city living.
Just call me Weenie-Woman.
Great shots though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts