Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daisy had a good time in the snow tonight...now that her tummy's all better!

:D

;)

I LOVE the snow!

[ March 20, 2006, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: BarbR ]

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Barb, when the ringworm heals, I'd be interested to know if the fur grows back on Daisy's nose. Just curious, as I'd never heard of a dog with ringworm & I have had students with ringworm on their scalps. Their hair fell out on the spot & on most, did not grow back. And yes, I agree, she is still pretty! :)

[ March 20, 2006, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: AmyB ]

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amy, I'll be sure to let you know; from what the dermatologist told us about my son (He has it on his scalp, too) it shouldn't permanently prevent hair growth, though it might take a few years for the follicles to recover. I sure hope they're right...when I was growing up on the farm, one of our neighbors had a huge spot on his head where he had ringworm as a child back in the '30-40s, and his hair has never come back. :eek: I seem to recall it as being about 2-3" across, so that's a pretty big spot...I hope modern medicine can avert that!

If you search on the internet, there are some pretty horrific, heartbreaking pictures of dogs with ringworm, some poor dogs pictured have spots that cover their whole side. While it's disappointing that we have to deal with it, I'm thankful I caught it quickly--the vet expects a full recovery in the next week or so for Daisy.

The bad part is the recent snow and cold makes her nose really red, so I have to monitor her snow-play so her poor nose doesn't get any more damaged. I'm sure some warmer, drier weather would go a long ways towards healing, too.

BarbR

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by The 3 D's:
I saw that close up of Daizy's profile, and I thought you posted a picture of Dozer.
They do have very similar facial markings, don't they? Daisy has more black on her coat, but they do look a lot alike...funny, I never ever saw black basset hounds 'til last year, and now I see them all the time! :D

Don't know why that one picture came out so HUGE, I loaded them all at the same time. :confused:
BarbR

·
Registered
775 Posts
She's a beautiful girl even with her ringworm nose! It just adds character.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts