Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the field trials are in Maryland this weekend and next weekend. would you like directions?

·
Registered
91 Posts
YES! Thank you so much.

I had back surgery on Oct 1 and have been quite out of it, so I'm not sure if I will be able to go or not but I would love to have directions. AND sorry for the late reply - I've been pretty sporadic in my internet adventures lately.

If I don't see you there, good luck! but I am hoping to make it at least to watch.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here's the address 3257 Dry Branch Rd. White Hall Maryland. it's in Shawsville.but if you use any online mapping or a GPS unit use this address. Hope to see you there. just ask for Billy Milko when you get there. i'll be there Saturday both weekends.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well you are quite a jealous person Dean,i can't help that i was cursed with the body of a god!! :lol: and for the record i'm in shape... last time i checked round was a shape!! :blink:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks so much for the address, Pinehawk - and DEAN thanks for the map/directions - that rocks!

One more question - just to clarify. What time does everything start? I can't enter Belle because she is fixed, yes? BUT I can go to watch and bring Belle to run around afterwards?

You guys are so great - thanks for answering all my questions - AND I imagine you both have already left for your respective events, so I'll do more searching on the web, too.

Also, I do realize that I have asked some questions more than once - for some reason, I'm having a hard time getting my head around how this sport works, so bare with me :) PLEEEAAASSEEEE!

See you tomorrow - hopefully!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll be leaving in the morning,it's only about a 2 1/2 hour ride for me. you are correct,Belle can NOT be entered in a AKC trial,but she can be entered in a hunt test. the dogs will run first than the champion class will run after that,sunday the females run. Saturday will be alonger day than Sunday,but you can bring Belle and after the trial Saturday we can take her to the field to run.

·
Registered
91 Posts
YOU ROCK!

Thanks for the info.

What time do you think I should be there? I don't want to leave Belle alone - even though I know they have kennels - she would be too worried - so I was thinking about coming closer to the time she could run - plus be able to learn something beforehand without annoying too many people :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the drawing is at 8 AM. the beagle club serves breakfast and lunch,the food there is great.take it from a chubby fellow like myself you will not leave hungry. we should finsh up around 3 pm maybe so any time between 8AM-1 PM should do. you don't have to worry about annoying people Dean does that and he is the expert at it. if you want to eat there for lunch get there around ten am and let the kitchen staff now you will have lunch with them so they will have food enough for everyone.which they always have any way.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great! Then I will see you in the early afternoon. The only reason I would not come is if my back is just too bad tomorrow - so if you don't see me that is why, but I am planning on at this point.

THANKS AGAIN - AND can't wait to meet you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts