Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these today while outside with the hounds. Jasmine will be going home tomorrow. Jasmine & Stickers HATE each other this time around! When Jasmine was here last year she was still a pup, not so confident. Well, things have changed. For the last month she has lived with a handler being tuned up for showing. She has gained TONS of confidence. She is showing it off in my house. On the walk the girls are fine. In the house, it's war! Stickers is walking around with her tail down, hackled up! They've had several scraps. I was just keeping Jasmine for a playmate for my hounds and because I enjoyed her last visit so much. She is a beautiful bitch, loves everyone (well almost) and shows like a champ.

I have no bad feeling for her but I can't say that Stickers doesn't! She is just persisting in being the dominant bitch. I won't have Stickers uncomfortable in her own house for a month so Jasmine's belonging are packed up and she will go home! Maybe when Stickers stays at her house this summer they will come to an agreement who is the top bitch??

Wilson is staying for the month, maybe longer?? He lives with a family in West Palm Beach. He is almost 1 year old and a real sweetheart. He needs some help with minor behavioral issues and he really needs to gain about 10 pounds. He is doing very well here.

Looking in the screen door lanai ready to come in!

Relaxing after play!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Great pictures, Patti! I love the one of all of them curled up on the beds. :( To bad about Jasmine being such a dominate lady this time around :( , but for sure Stickers' happiness comes first. I bet you will have Wilson's behavioral issues fixed in no time. Have fun with him!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
It's a shame that it didn't work out with Jasmine this time around. She sure is a lovely lady, but I too would put my dog's happiness first. Hopefully they'll sort it out this summer so that they can visit together again.

~Heather

·
Registered
773 Posts
My husband says bitches rule -- no matter what the species ;) ! Poor Stickers. Good thing you can get Jasmine outta there.

Why is Wilson so thin?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wilson is in good health. His owner had him neutered and at that time she requested a full blood panel and exam. He has no worms,etc. He is eating here like a champ. Almost eats the bowl. I think he has gained alittle weight already in almost 1 week. I don't think he gets enough exercise at home and just isn't hungry?? A dog that is not exercised or bored usually isn't eager to eat. At least, that has been my experience. He also LOVES being with the pack. I think having the competition at meal time gives him more reason to gobble up the food. I did a slow transition to the Eagle Pack Holistic Select Anchovy, Sardine & Salmon plus some white rice and some powder to help aid in making good bacteria in the intestinal tract to make the transition from his food easier. My hounds are also on the same diet and all are doing well.He is an only dog with no small children to play with so I think he's craving the playmates. I will see how he comes along and hopefully he will go home a heavy dog with some better manners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts