Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again my drool splattered friends.

I warned you I'd be coming back with more pictures from our walks.
Now we have an additonal reason for our walks, not just the pure
enjoyment of it all. Mr. Runcible reached over 100 lbs, and that is
just to much. I would like to have him down to 88 again, as I think
that is his ideal weight. This only means more and longer walks, so
in a way I think it's great.

So here are the pictures. I hope you enjoy them.

Come on! I thought you said we were going on a walk! What are you doing!
Mr. Runcible usually gets impatient when I fiddle around to much with the camera.
He just don't sees the point, when one can go round smelling things.

What's so great with walking in the woods on summertime, is that one always
have enough to drink.
Mr. Runcibles sagging lower lip indicates that he's hot and thirsty.

Sometimes we find exciting things on our trips. It was a real callenge making
him live this behind.

Is the grass really greener on the other side? Mr. Runcible contemplating life,
the universe and everything.

Is this the legendary other side??

And I add this one because it is one of my favourite.. eh... flowers.

Mr Runcibe finally did get a bone

I hope you all bothered to look all the way down here because I have a question for you.
Elvis once had a show where he sang to a basset hound in a top hat I think. The song
was of course Hound dog. I would love to see this is. A basset in a top hat XD. So if
anyone of you have a link or know where to get it I would be grateful.

Until next time

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I always love seeing your photos-

As far as the film clip, the only help I can offer is that, if I'm not mistaken, Elvis sang 'Hound Dog' to a basset on the Ed Sullivan Show over 50 years ago- I've seen the clip you're talking about, but I don't know how to access it on the internet-

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Kiara, your pictures are beautiful. Mr. Runcible is such a handsome guy. Getting weight off a Basset is very hard to do, longer walks will help, but you will need to cut back on his food.

:( Poor Bogie thinks we are starving him right now. :( The vet had us cut back on his dry kibble (now 1 and 1/2 cups per day instead of 2), cut down treats ( we break his cookies in half and he gets a half now instead of a whole), etc. so he wouldn't gain weight while he is being confined with potty walks only due to his recent ACL surgery. So far so good.
Good luck with Me. Runcible's weight loss program. I'm sure he will be healthier and happier in the long run, plus you will be in great shape after all those long walks. :lol: :lol: .

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Vision- thanks for posting this!! I probably shouldn't admit this, but I actually remember seeing this when it was origianlly broadcast- although I was very very very young (virtually embryonic ;) !)- and now I do remember with my age-impaired brain that it was the Steve Allen Show!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Elvis had some pipes, didn't he?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the link Vision. I was sure that somebody on this forum
would be able help me. I was impressed over the basset, sitting there
so still, and it was real funny when Elvis wiped his hand on his pants :lol:

Rubydoo, the pictures are taken in the vicinity of Trondheim in Norway.
This is where we're situated:

Information about Trondheim

·
Registered
284 Posts
I love your dog and that's a beautiful place to go for a walk. Is it very near where you live or do you need to drive to get there?
Lou

·
Registered
714 Posts
You Norwegians sure know how to grow you some biiiiig bassets! :lol:

The Elvis video is too much, he was still a country boy, wiping his slobbery hand on his pants! :p

L

·
0 Posts
Mr. runcible U are beautiful !!!! What a great area U live in That last pic did gross me out though <BONE>. Tummy Boy's Mom

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The weight issue will not be a problem, as it is no problem to make him loose weight.
Just a tiny bit less food and more, and longer walks. The main thing was just realizing
that he was too big, for me he doesn't look any bigger that the day I got him :lol:
In addition to this I've been cutting down on his fattening treats, now he only gets
healthy treats. Poor little basset boy. *Shigh*

Louise, it is no problem to walk there from where I live. I'm so fortunate to have the
forrest right behind my house. That being said, we often take the car and then go
for a walk too, because I and Mr. Runcible both love to explore new places.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Norway is so beautiful, I really do have to get there some day. I had thought perhaps you were in the Vancouver (Canada) area, as it looks somewhat similar. Lovely pictures! I am going to British Columbia, Canada next week. I will have to post some pictures when I get back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts