Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the problems in pet food from out of the country, I've gotten mighty picky about the treats I buy. About the only chew treat one of my dogs can handle is Bully Stix. The ones I usually buy are from Texas, and they cost about $3.50 *each*. So, at Costco this weekend, I saw a package of 20 for around $20.00, and almost went for them, but then I saw they were from Brazil. Not knowing what's going on in Brazil, I passed them up, but to tell the truth, I"m about ready to cave in next time I'm there. Anybody tried these? Any one else limiting where the country of origin has to be before they buy a treat, and if so, how do you decide what to buy or not buy?

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I'm limiting country of origin on almost everything, not just treats.

But it's nearly impossible to control for country of origin unless you buy nothing whatsoever that is processed. Which is why corporations are so opposed to country of origin labeling.

Fortunately, Lady and Yogi love carrots. :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
I give my dogs LOTS of veggies too. When they hear me making soup it doesn't take long before I hear the pitter patter of 8 paws joining me in the kitchen! I also buy liver and cook it into baked strips myself or I give them hot dogs.

Lou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts