Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your dogs pick on each other?
I'll give each one a treat. Digger will eat his right away. Dozer will go to the living room and place his treat in the middle of the floor and jump up on the couch, then he'll growl and bark at Digger if he comes into the room. If Digger gets close to the treat, Dozer will jump down and run Digger out of the room.
Funny thing is, Digger pays no attention to the treat. He acts like he has no interest in it at all, but when Dozer gets distracted, Digger will run and get it.
They do the same with their toys.

A

·
0 Posts
Oh yea, Pearl is the QUEEN at our house and no one can forget it. Probably the most obvious "picking on" comes when Sabian and I play fetch. Sabian loves tug-of-war and fetch with his braided rope. Occassionally Pearly plays but not often. When she is tired of Sabian and I playing, after I throw his rope, she waites for him to get it, bring it back, and then she STEALS it from him and won't give it back! Sometimes if she is really serious she LAYS on it so he can't have it! Fun is over because Pearl says so! She is not food aggressive with him and they are quite the pair but.... she is the boss. yvonne

C

·
0 Posts
We don't have any other dogs here...just cats...and YES! he picks on them all the time!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Lily picks on Molly all the time, Molly is so sweet she just takes it if she doesn't feel like playing with her, she looks at me like please mommy make her stop.
Lily does try to pick on Rosie, but that doesn't go over very well. Rosie normally just ignores her but once she is tired of ignoring her it takes on snarl and thats it. Lily is out of there.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yup, Winston picks on Henrietta everyday, especially after meals.

Whenever he wants her spot to lay down (which everytime), he will drive her so mad, she can't resist herself. Henrietta will get up from her spot and starts chasing WInston. Then he will run around the house and somehow ended up at her spot and he will lay there and refused to move.
Poor Henrietta has to find another comfortable spot to lay down.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Yes, Sadie picks on Spencer all the time. Spencer loves his toys & has 3 faves. Sadie is not one to play with toys. However, often, when Spencer has one of his, Sadie will calmly walk up to him, take it from him, walk away & lay on it so he cannot get it. Spencer will cry & bark. He is afraid of her & will not stand up to her to get it back. It is really quite funny.

·
Registered
662 Posts
*lol* mocha and Beldin pick on each other all the time. It's funny sometimes watching them too...

At treat time Beldin will woof his down lickety split then tail after Mocha... she very daintily walks into the livingroom with hers held loosely in the very tip of her front teeth --- she'll primly hop up onto the couch and then lick her treat ... very slowly ... and stare Beldin right in the eyes as she's doing this! LOL

The poor boy sits there drooling at her and whimpering but he makes one move toward her and the treat she's all snarls. *lol*

Sometimes if Beldin's lucky she'll leave a couple of chunky crumbs for him to snarf up when she's done.

It's like she knows he'll gulp his down and t-o-r-m-e-n-t-s him with hers by eating it as slow as she can right in front of him!

[ January 03, 2006, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: ChuckleBerry ]

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yes, My little westie will often, if Toby is lying across my knee, get his squeaky toy and play with it.Toby, right away, will get off my knee to retrieve his toy.Meanwhile the wee westie quick as a whip will take his place. He falls for it every time the daft big dumpling!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts