Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these yesterday out on the lanai. We are having a great time with them. They are so lovable and eager to please! I'm in "puppy love"!!!!!!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (breath)wwwwwwwwwwwww

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are beautiful. So glad to hear they and "you guys" are doing well.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
OHHH Man! Just look at those faces...life just doesn't get any better than being owned by a pair like that! :D

Sandy

·
Registered
289 Posts
What beautiful hounds!!! Makes you want to jump through the screen and hug them!!

So glad you found each other :) :)

Doreen and Lucy :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beautiful !!!!!!! Happy to be a slave for Tummy Boy

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rocket: I can't believe I actually have "2" Bassets that what to please me???? Maggie Mae wanted to do what she wanted and that was it!! These two have some obedience training so it's great. They wait at a doorway for me to pass through first!!! In the doggie world that means I'm the dominant one???? Also went going through a door, if I tell them to back up, they do and tell them to "wait", they don't move until I say "come"!! This is all new to me!! I got Maggie Mae at about 10 weeks of age and for 15 + years she did what she wanted. Didn't care what I said!! Seriously, their breeder is a wonderful woman. They are so well adjusted and so loveable. We ordered a grooming table and everyweek (2 since they came here) we scrap their teeth, brush them, clean ears and clip nail and lastly brush them. They just sit or lay there till we take them off the grooming table!! She's done this since they were little so they are use to it. This Saturday we're going to the Suncoast Basset Rescue Waddle here in Florida! Can't wait!! Anyone else going??

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh My Gosh, you have two adorable little hounds! They look like they are very happy hounds.

·
Registered
932 Posts
They are barootiful, and you can clip their nails without a hissy fit too! Doesn't get much better than that! :) :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Patti, you got lucky! Ruby's daddy just said, "the breeder is a saint! If this happened for us, we'd consider it a miracle! So like, in other words, like it would NEVER happen. And if it did, Ruby would be possessed" :D

This was in response to the idea of Ruby waiting to go out, laying or sitting still getting anything done with her body parts. :)

Wanna come to southern California with your grooming table and breeder to train Ruby? ha!ha!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love Rusty and his big basset suit. Stickers (love that name) looks like a real sweetheart.

Janet 'n Twinkie

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh my goodness they are ADORABLE! I would never be able to leave the house! ...How do you ever leave them ...to go to work or anywhere?!

Are they siblings?

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Such beautiful puppies - they have such expressive faces! Rusty and Stickers must be to so much comfort to you after the loss of Maggie Mae.

Have a nice trip to the basset meeting, I'm they will be very popular there!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Rusty and Stickers might be the cutest bassets I've ever seen!

I noticed the "Wipe Your Paws" mat in the first picture...Dixie has one exactly like it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow!! Thanks!! I definitely think they are adorable!! We went to the Suncoast Basset Waddle today at the park. What fun!! We watched a queen & king of the waddle get crowded today. 95% of the money benefits the rescue. They had a beautiful memorial service for all the hounds that we lost this year. Maggie Mae's picture was up on a bulletin board and they read her name and our names as her Mommy & Daddy. They also read the Rainbow Bridge. Each parent of the hound that crossed the bridge was called out, came up to the announcer and received a red rose and a huge hug!! I cried my eyes out so bad I couldn't see. Someone from the crowd got up, came up to me and handed me a tissue. It was such a wonderful tribute!! The event had such a wonderful feeling too. Everyone loved the kids. Rusty was especially popular. Everyone loved his HUGE paws and long ears. Several people took his photo!!!! We also meet a wonderful woman who helped organize the event. She got her two doges from the same breeder. Her one female is the Aunt to our dogs. So cute!!! We all were exhausted when we got home. The kids slept for over 2 hours, ate dinner and are sleeping again!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow, a barbecue for the family to meet the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts