Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Philadelphia Mayor Nutter just issued a statement telling Philly residents that storm shelters for the approaching hurricane will open Saturday night at 6pm, and urging them to bring their pets- "No pets should be left behind" - thank goodness, some good did come out of the Katrina.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Mayor Nutter is a good guy, it seems. All the Philly bassets are welcome at my house...I'm not too far north. We have lots of toys and Pupperonis. Ready to ride this thing out.
Yes, but how many of the Philly bassets would actually go back home with their owners? :lol:

"Your basset? Why, I'm sorry, I haven't seen it anywhere, it must have gotten scared and run off (under my bed where I'm keeping him/her until after you leave."

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
(under my bed where I'm keeping him/her until after you leave."
I don't think that will be a problem since molly and winston are petioning quite mightly to go camping and chase bunnies next weekend and hour west of philly,

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
There were a couple of times when I lived in Florida that I didn't evacuate when I should have because I couldn't take my dog to the shelter. I remember after Katrina, especially in the Gulfport area, people stayed with their pets, and died. Many of the ones who died had their pets survive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts