Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing the other posting about Pet Whisperer, reminds me of this lady Sonya Fitzpatrick. She hosts a TV show called Pet Pyschic.

I was pretty impressed at the beginning and starts to wonder if she could help me communicate with my 2 dogs that had passed away recently. Plus, I need to know why my basset, Henrietta is sooo cranky (sometimes only).

Then a friend of mine introduced me to her yoga teacher that "supposedly" able to "communicate" with animals. My friend had a problem with her cat and her yoga teacher communicated with the cat and the result is pretty good and convincing.

So I gave it a try. I brought Henrietta and Winston to her office. Henri always loves people, no matter what. Once she saw her, henri freaked out! I could tell henri doesn't like her that much, she felt uncomfortable.
Then we have to do all these new age thingy and paid $75. She said henri is crancky because she has a new environment (which is true, we just moved in to a new house that month).
But after that first visit, I feel like such a stupid for going there. Just the vibe that I got, I don't like it. Beside Henri hates this woman!

After 2 years in this new house, henri still cranky from now and then, and she will growl/snap at Winston. I could just sense her tension when she is in bad mood. This week isn't a good week for her, I could just feel it. I don't know what to do, except take a precaution, so she doesn't bite Winston.

[ March 23, 2006, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Lina ]

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
you may want to chart her crankyness you may find it is related to weather/seasons/allergy etc. and the cause of her crankiness is pain that this type of ailment may cause while other outward symptoms are minimal or nonexistant. I know over the years that my snius headaches are always worse and more frequent this time of year.

M

·
0 Posts
I don't think much of Sonya Fitzpatrick. I wrote to her several times, PLEADING for her to contact me. I had a German Shepherd that had deep issues. I was at my wits end trying to understand why he was so nervous. She NEVER answered me. I tried everyway I could to contact her and nothing. Just my opinion!

A

·
0 Posts
I went to a pet psychic onr time with toby i thought it would be interesting Let's just say it 's a shame I didn't donate that money to rescue. :eek:

A

·
0 Posts
Before I adopted Beau the people who fostered him had a pet communicator "talk" to him. She can do this by looking at a picture of the dog and communicate that way (?). I received a written report of what she said about him. If she even knew a little of his history it would have been easy to assume what she reported. I really don't think it is very accurate.
I think we all communicate with our animals. I don't know exactly what they think but I think we are so observant to their behavior we "know" when there is something up.
Looking at it from the pet's prespective I think some animals are better at communicating than others. Sabian is very expressive with me. I almost always can figue out what he wants. Pearly not so much. She doesn't "ask me for much". Beau is getting much better. Now he will look me in the eyes and I am getting better at "reading him". yvonne

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I normally don't put a lot of stock in stuff like that. On the other hand, the sister of a friend of mine called a pet psychic when her beagle got lost. The psychic described the place where the dog was, it was a place that the owner recognized from the description. They went there and found the dog.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I love psychics.

Me and some friends used to go to one in Pawhuska, Oklahoma. She did her readings off of Delta Airline playing cards. She had a clown face on her front door and, when you pushed the nose, the doorbell rang.

She was very, very fun. :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
I had a reading with Sylvia Brown. She said animals are alot easier to read then people. She told me things about speedy that were right on the money. Sylvia Rocks. :cool:

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Beverly, she said about my boyfriend at the time "That man is driving himself to hell!!" :D She was right.

She also told me I was haunted. Two dead men are following me around, according to her. ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Way to attract the winners, Biscuit! Hope your luck is getting better. Any news from the dead guys? :D I've always wanted to talk with John Edwards to hear from my parents.

[ March 24, 2006, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Lynne & Huck ]

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow...2 dead guys?? How do you feel whenever you go take a shower now? :D

May be, this is something that if you believe in it, it can be true. But if you have 1% of hesitation, then you won't gte anything out from it ?? :roll:

[ March 24, 2006, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Lina ]

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
To be honest, I do believe in ghosts. Really! And I was with about five friends when she told me, and they all said well, of course, that explains everything! Which, if you knew me, it would all make sense, esp. if you'd known me since I was a kid and knew how many times I'd just barely a millisecond before moved out of the way of the safe falling to the street from the second story window.

However, I went through a short period of time where we blamed everything on them --- you know the routine --- "But I swear I bought dishwashing soap! I know I did! The store must not have put it in my bag! Oh ... wait a minute --- I know what happened --- THE DEAD GUYS TOOK IT!"

Which was very entertaining for a while. But there comes a point where you have to buck up and admit the dead guys didn't take it, you probably dropped it on the way in the house or you thought you did it but you really did forget or whatever.

As for money, I agree. I loved the psychic, she was very fun, but I would probably spend that kind of money on more charitable causes (like our doggie friends) these days.

A

·
0 Posts
I believe in ghosts, as a form of energy and have experienced that, i just think you have to look at the bigger picture

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've seen the same ghost three times at the barn where I board my horse. He's always dressed in coveralls and a plaid shirt. The last time I saw him, he had a dog! Looked like some type of spaniel.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a neighbor who was on the Pet Psychic's show a couple of years ago. She was not impressed with her. She took one of her cats with her to the studio, and the reading was not good. Then her other cat got run over the next day, and she was very surprised that the Pet Psychic hadn't indicated that anything was out of the ordinary with the other cat. But I have other friends who swear by them, so who knows?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts