Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I don't know much about this, but think the kennel is located in Philadelphia County which has an ordinance against keeping more than 12 dogs.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Billy-

I don't like to get involved in debates with folks on other boards (that's why I didn't respond to your last thread), so I really hesitated before responding to this post.That being said:

I've been trying to find out more about this story with no luck.

In Gibble's first post, the reason he gave for the seizure was that the owner was being accused of operating a commercial kennel without a license. In the follow-up post he seems to correct himself, and says that the reason the dogs were seized was complaining neighbors, and the local ordinance forbidding anyone to keep more than 12 dogs on their property. So now I'm wondering if there's still more to this story than was posted.

I'm not saying this out of hostility and I'm not questioning anyone's credibility.

I'm just wondering if anyone has additional information about what happened beyond what was posted on the other board: a link to a newspaper article about the seizure, etc.?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
john gibble was one of the few voices trying to protect the sporting dog owners when this horrible law was being written. his first post says nothing about comm.breeders other than the law says if you have 26 dogs you need a comm breeders lic. they had 23, it was a noise complaint. the officals thought they were operating a unlicensed kennel,key word is here "officals thought" never heard of that before. he has updated the second post. As for it not being in the papers,who wants the bad publicity,they do the same thing here in New Jersey with the bear problem,trenton told the papers to stop reporting about the increase in bear and human contact. it don't affect me either way,but i'm sure we all will soon be affected if these dopey laws keep getting passed. as for debates i thought that was what these boards were about civil comments about uncivil things. Billy Milko

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
his first post says nothing about comm.breeders other than the law says if you have 26 dogs you need a comm breeders lic. they had 23, it was a noise complaint.[/b]
Well, this is in the first post:
'Their basis for seizure is their assertion that the owner was operating a commercial kennel, even though the owner has not sold a hound in 20 years. '

If this is the John Gibble who lives in Elizabethtown bordering the Beagle Club, I sold him his 20 acres back in the early 90's, liked him then, so don't want to go any further with this debate. I can see reading the posts to John's thread on the other board how strongly people are opposed to this law, and I don't want to get into that level of debate.

I started posting on this topic over a year ago because I thought it was important, and have tried to stay unemotional and just report factually. I don't think I've succeeded at that because in the end it's an emotional issue for me too.

I don't think I'll be posting on this topic again- thanks to everyone who responded to my threads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts