Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noonie has taken to peeing downstairs in the hallway or in the room where the doggy door is. He hasn't had any accidents upstairs at all. I know he's not doing this on purpose and suspect the urge just hits him as he gets to the bottom of the stairs. I'm thinking this is probably age related, as he is 13 now. Other than this he is pretty healthy for
an older gentleman. He has an appt next Wed for his annual check up. I don't know if anything can be done help with this problem. As you can all imagine, with the peeing comes the odor, which is quite rough. Is there a good product out there someone can reccommend? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
I'm thinking this is probably age related, as he is 13 now
abscent aother medical conditions, dibetes,kidney disease, UTI ect often over looked is CDS Canine Dysfunction Syndrome But there should be other signs if this is the case. There is medicine that can help.

Also even male dog can suffer from Spay incontinence though it is much more common in females. Also it general manifest its self with the dog wetting the sleeping area. ie loosing control while a sleep. Proin and/or hormone replacement are usually curative.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Mikey. Thankfully, he hasn't been wetting in his bed. I guess we'll just wait and see what the vet has to say on Wed.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
If all else fails, you can get him a Belly Band.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts