Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Please can you advice?

We had to go to a marriage in Scotland (we are living in Belgium) and due to the strong regulation about taking dog to the UK, we found a family (recommended by our vet) to take care of "Happy" during our 4 days trip.

We have him back this morning at home and despite we have walked with him 5 times, he already pees in the house (4 times) just 10 minutes after being back from his walk.

Any idea why? or what we can do?

See as attachment a picture of our dog "Happy"[attachment=310:750Happycropped.JPG]

Thanks for any advice

Kind regards
Annie

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before treating it as a behavioral problem, I would rule out the possibility of a urinary tract infection-[/b]
Thanks for your answer

I will see what is happening during the night and will consult our vet if still the same problem to-morrow.

Thanks again
Annie

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hope he is OK! He sure is a handsome boy.

·
Registered
13,015 Posts
Assuming no medical cause, It is not unusual under times and stress and change like just happen to your dog they loose their housetraining. The best thing you can do, even if it is a medical condition, is to assume the dog is not housetrained and begin retraining the dog as if it were a puppy. The good thing is it does not take nearly as long to relearn it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
He sure is beautiful and I know you love him and hope it gets back to normal for all of you!
don

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi again,

Thanks for your answers.

To-day, Happy only pees once in the flat in the afternoon and was very good during the night.
So I would think, everything will be back as normal to-morrow or in the next few days.

Happy is all the time with us and it was the first time (since we rescued him 4 years ago - he was 10 months old) we have to leave him with other people.

Maybe the excitation being back at home will have caused this.

Some pictures of Happy with his labrador friend in Ostend Belgium at the North Sea

[attachment=313:Happy_Luna_1.jpg]
[attachment=314:640Happy_sea_1.JPG]

Thanks again
Annie

Attachments

·
Registered
13,015 Posts
Hi again,

Maybe the excitation being back at home will have caused this.

Thanks again
Annie[/b]

Every dog is different but many do not do so well when there routine changes. Anyway if you have to leave him again for an extended period you know what to expext and can be on the lookout and perhaps prevent it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts