Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took today off so I would have a long holiday weekend, thought I would have today to get a head start on some things around the house so I would be able to just sit back and enjoy the rest of the weekend. But now I have to drag the carpet shampooed up stairs and do the carpets and mop the floors. My husband is extending our deck and he dug up the power cable to move the outlet so now there is some lose dirt out back and of course that's just where Sadie & Max decided to play this morning. I noticed the dirt all over Max because he is so close to the ground his white fur was just covered in it so I grabbed him as he came in so I could clean him up. While I was doing that Sadie got past me and ran all through the house with dirty paws and I have nice paw prints in every room. I better get off this computer and get busy.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I feel your pain with the footprints!! We've had days and days of rain. Every evening we get the usual end of summer downpour (we're in Florida) Each day we've come home to muddy footprints. We try to make a game out of it and figure out just how many trips in and out the dogie door they have made.

Dixie was outside last night when the storm was approaching. There was a huge thunderclap and she came shooting through the doggie door, slipping and sliding all over the livingroom floor, poor baby. Muddy mess. She is scared to death of thunder storms.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have great sympathy! My kitchen floor is covered in towels and sheets... thankfully our carpeting in green or I'd be really stressed at the rest of the house- Rent a steamer is next on my list!

·
Registered
196 Posts
You should try it when the paw prints are in white paint.... follow the white paw prints and find a very innocent looking basset on the end of them. The silly sausage even rolled over on his back so i could clean his paws. My carpet took some scrubbing, I tell ya.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts