Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wish we had a dog park here in Lubbock. My friend and I are sitting down this week to write out letters suggesting this to the city. Can't hurt to try right?

For now though, when we want our dogs to run off leash we use the little league fields. One of the coaches came up to us one day though... We thought he was going to be mad!! But suprisingly he said, "Don't worry if your dogs have fertilized the field, it'll just make my kids more aware of their foot placement!"

:lol: :lol: :blink:

Anyway, without further ado, a day at the park:

Dixie very out of breath. She collapsed into nap mode about 3.45 seconds after this photo.

But brother Stonewall was not done playing yet. Don't you just love his little bum!?

My two bassety-goodness and Jax the boxer, and Astro. They are my friends' dogs...

This is a photo I have of Dixie modeling her new dog bed that I made her. Stonewall's is still in production.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Beautiful hounds! Are you from Lubbock, Texas? That's where we are... no dog parks- but the hounds enjoy the Buddy Holly recreation area- lots of walking trails and geese to watch :rolleyes:

L

·
0 Posts
Great pics. Who says Bassets can't run ?<g>, Love the quilt. Tummy Boy's Mom. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basset Momma - YES! We are from Lubbock, TX too!! The pictures are from Maxey Park. We go to the little league field about once a week. We haven't been lately due to all this icky rain though. I don't know where the Buddy Holly Rec place is located... I never actually heard of it either. I really wish they had a dog park around here. Sure would be nice.

Thank you all so much for your compliments! :lol:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
The Buddy Holly Park is part of the Canyon Lakes area- We
usually go out north University- just before you hit the loop- the West side is best :). They are adding on to it right now- There are some trees and the paths wind about the lake- lots of geese and ground hogs. Most pets are leashed but some people like to throw things into the lake for their dogs to chase... my Jake would sink :p Nice to have someone here from the same part of the country!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts