Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tenish year old female basset that has just been diagnosed with a tumor on her pancreas.
We are having more test run now. We are in shock and are looking for treatment options.
Our basset is a rescue. We have only had her two years. Has you all know, she is the best dog.
Has anyone gone through this?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm praying that it's not a pancreatic tumor. I'm wishing you a ton of luck and hope everything comes out negative. I'll say a prayer.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Sorry to hear about your girl. :( Most of us with older dogs have been through tumor work-ups with them. There's not much to say about treatment until you know what kind of tumor it is, if it is a tumor. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are different types of pancreatic tumors and treatment would depend on type, stage and other factors. I know of a basset who had an islet cell tumor or insulinoma who did well following surgery for removal of the tumor. This tumor causes hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and related symptoms due to too much insulin being excreted from the pancreas.

Keep us posted on what you find out and how your girl is doing. Will be sending good thoughts your way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts