Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local basset rescue came to visit me today, as I'd made contact in the hope of adopting a playmate for Snoopy.... and they brought four of their own bassets with them! 2 of them, sadly, had lost both eyes to glaucoma, but that didn't stop them. I'd never seen so many bassets in one place, and I just wanted to keep all of them. My house was covered in floppy eared houndies. Snoopy was in his element! He led them all round the house and showed them his back garden and his front garden, he was a regular little tour guide!

Anyhow, fingers crossed, Snoopy won't be an only basset for much longer!

Seeing the rescue pack, made me appreciate all the hard work and care that the rescue organisations do, taking in hounds of all shapes and sizes and conditions, giving them the love and support they deserve. As I have the time and patience and space (and the funds for vets and food etc), I'm looking forward to the day that I can bring in a basset that deserves a forever home.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Best of luck with the rescue. It sounds as if they don't have many up for adoption. At least bringing the other bassets, gave you an idea of what you may be in for . Nice to hear that Snoopy enjoyed the company. Did they give you any idea of a time frame?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Thank you for your interest in rescue! :) One of the local rescue's dogs is blind with a missing eye due to glaucoma, but he's doing well. My first basset, also a rescue, lost her sight to glaucoma--it's a big problem in the breed. :(

Porter's story

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It could be weeks, it could be months - it was very nearly straight away as one of the rescue's own hounds, Henry, found Snoopy's bed and promptly went to sleep.

As much as I'd love it to be tomorrow, I have to be realistic.

Although i had an odd dream last night that we went to pick up a rescue hound, and it turned out to be Snoopy's sister. He came from a litter of tricolour hounds, but he and his sister are both pale & ghostly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts