Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We made it back yesterday from our first RV trip. All went well even though the weather didn't exactly cooperate. Noonie did okay with the steps for the most part, but we're going to have a friend make us a ramp anyway. Overall I'd say a good time was had by all. Here are some pictures of our outing.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Those changing leaves make me wish for cold weather- we won't get any color til next month here in south central Pennsylvania. It looks like you had a great trip!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Your pictures are beautiful. Where were you camping? Looks like a wonderful spot and beautiful this time of the year.
You mentioned having a friend make you a ramp. Here is a picture of the ramp my husband made, if fact he made two. We use one with the RV and one with the SUV. Works great.
He made them using a 1"x12"x60" pine board. On the back side he placed an extra piece to use as a stiffener to keep it from flexing when Bogie walks on it. We used two spongy type bath mats to cover it, and they give great traction. He attached them with screws using large washers under the screw and just wrapped the extra around the back and stapled it with a staple gun. They work great and Bogie does great going up and down them. Bogie rides in the back seat of the SUV so we have one side of the back seat folded down so he can just walk there, and then we just slide the ramp inside. If you needed to have a folding ramp my husband said you could possibly just saw it in half and use a piano hinge or other hinges so it would fold in half.

Bogie walking up the ramp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow - beautiful pictures! And happy happy dogs! I can't wait for Niles to get old enough he will chill out in the car so he can ride along more often!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts