Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awww the poor wee darling. :( An 8-hour trip must have been awful for him and in a hot country too! Did he have drinks on route because he'd soon dehydrate 8 hours in intense heat?

I do hope your baby pulls through 100%. I have never known anyone whose pup has had Parvo because most probably of the number of puppies that are innoculated... but yours is so young so how has he contracted Parvo when pups gain immunity from most conditions from the mother?

Get well soon wee Fred!

Edit: Have you spoken to the breeder to ask if the rest of the litter are OK?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Have you had an update on Fred's condition today?

What's the point of dosing with worming tablets if the clinic doesn't check whether the pup has swallowed it? How useless is that to any animals?:confused: How do worms cause Parvo? I'm going to Google Parvo to see where it originates and I hope all will be well for Fred.

I'm guessing it was some type of puppy farm where he is from and they are probably not as particular as breeders who bring up their dogs in a nice family environment! Apologies if it wasn't, but it's terrible that a young pup should be ill when it should be big, strong and healthy. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.