Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please join us in welcoming the new additions to our family! They are one year old brother & sister. We are sure Maggie Mae is smiling down on all of us. It feels so good to love again!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Sorry, this is much better. Here are more below. Rusty is Lemon & White. Stickers is Tricolor. They already had their names from the breeder. Her AKC name is Cactus Flower, thus the "stickers". And of course, he is Rusty!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congratulations. They are beautiful and I am sure you will absolutely love sharing your life with such adorable hounds!
Arlene and OPus.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations!!!! We know what you mean when you said it feels so good to love again. Bogie has brought joy into our lives aain after losing Bubba, and we know Stickers and Rusty will bring you joy, too. Maggie Mae will always have a special place in your hearts, but these guys will be special, too.
Tell us more, how old are they and when did you decide to get two? What fun you will have watching these two grow up. We are so thrilled with your exciting news.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh my goodness. Look who Maggie May found for you! Not one, but two beautiful bassets. Love the names, Rusty and Stickers. What a great story.

Janet 'n Twinkie

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We knew we wanted another Basset. I went into the Basset Hound Club of Ameria to find a breeder in Fl. Maggie Mae's breeder is now retired. I contacted her and another breeder in PA and no luck. The friend of MM's breeder in PA gave me this woman's name in Fl who was on the BHCOA list. She came recommended by several people I spoke with. She had no puppies but after talking with me for over 2 hours asked if I would come to her farm with my Husband to meet her and the dogs. She held them back from the litter born last February for showing. She's shown each of them twice. He won in his catagory! She had seven other hounds and said after meeting us that we could give them a great home. I gave her some references and she knew these people. I was always a full time stay at home Mommy to MM and now my Husband is fully retired so we do have the time and space. So we decided to take both. They have been together since birth, we just couldn't separate them! They eat, drink out of one bowl!!!! They play constantly and sleep piled on top of each other in the same crate!!!!!!! They are so attached to each other, they walk in a double line, bumping hips!!!!!!!!!!! They are already housebroken completely and already socialized!! I believe MM did have a hand in leading us to this wonderful woman who bred and was raising two adorable, loving, smart hounds!!! Well, I am officially back on Cyberhound!! I know the coming months will be filled with many stories!! Stay tuned!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh what a wonderful story and such great looking hounds! They are so cute! Sounds like you have a great pair...two bassets are a lot of fun!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Oh they are both adorable, but I just love Stickers face, what a beauty! Congratulations.
You'll have to share what it is like raising two together like that. We have often wondered if it wouldn't have been better to get two houndies instead of just the one, even though we have two other dogs.
They are cutie pies!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats again on the two bouncing bundles of joy! You'll have to put on the speaker phone next time we talk so they can hear Ruby moo. I wonder what they'll do; maybe respond?

Ruby also wanted you to know that she's mailing something in tomorrow's snail mail.

You're right that Stickers is shaped like a tube. I'll have to get Ruby's young pics to you so you can see that she was shaped like this at that age too.

Rusty has Doris's chunky legs too! (Doris, I mean that in the most wonderful positive way).

Arrroooo from Ruby and congrats again from us humans.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts