Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a raised waterbed in our room. The dogs often sleep and play on it. We've looked for stairs for the bed and haven't been impressed. My husband was going to build some when his shed is finished... but a year later he is still building the shed So in order to save the dear houndies backs we went out and purchased an ottoman to sit at the foot of the bed. It is low enough to make a gentle step up and comfy too. I'm sure the sales person had a tale to tell after we left the furniture store...These crazy people were going around the store sitting on al the divans and ottomans. It had to be soft and large enough for the basset to sleep on... low to the ground... and color schemed to match their bedroom and the dog fur... Did we really just spend $200 on a new dog bed???

T

·
0 Posts
I hear and understand. We use the ottoman we bought that matches the living room furniture by the end of our bed so that Twinkie can get up on the bed by herself. My husband and I both have back problems, so if she wants up, she has to do it herself. Brand new ottoman's never been in the living room!

Janet 'n Twinkie

·
Registered
813 Posts
This is so funny! I bought some doggy stairs for George so he could get up in the bed (it's way too high for him to jump up or down) and he flatly refuses to use them. So I went looking for an ottoman for HIM. :lol: However, they didn't have any that I thought were sturdy and steady enough, so I bought a cedar chest with a padded top that's meant for the foot of the bed and ... he won't use that, either. :oops: He did use it once, but we've finally concluded that he doesn't really WANT to be in the bed. If we try to snuggle with him on the couch or the floor and if we move (like, say, to BREATHE) it annoys him when he's trying to sleep and he'll harrumph and go somewhere else. He does the same thing in the bed. Oh, well. I tried! And I always wanted a cedar chest, anyway ...

J

·
0 Posts
Our old divan bed for too high for the hounds. So we bought a new solid pine bed and sawed 8 inches off the legs. Happy bassets and less stress on their backs!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
isn't it funny that our world is revolving around our bassets?

We like to joke about how we insist on bringing the hounds to the car dealer to make sure they can fit on the back of the car!! Otherwise, we won't buy it. :wink:
Same thing with couch.

·
Registered
246 Posts
All my friends think I'm crazy, but for a year now the bed frame has been in the closet, and the boxspring and mattress are on the floor. Works for both of us. :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts