Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is one year since we lost our precious Maggie Mae. She died at home in her sleep. She was our baby girl. She was a spunky Basset. She did things when she wanted, "if" she wanted to. When she died all our friends and family members shared their many memories of her. Like the time she ate my nephews sun glasses, frames and all. Or the time she ate several Crayola Crayons and pooped neon the next day! And then I'll never forget when we sodded the back yard and looked out the window to see her running with a 4 ft. piece of sod in mouth!! Over the past year, we've shed many tears for her but also smiled and laughed alot remember all the funny things she did. She was a happy dog and loved her life. I believe that she is at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for the day when we meet again, never to be separated. We will always love our Maggie Mae. Rest in peace baby girl.

·
Registered
465 Posts
What a pretty girl. You never stop missing them, do you? On February 27 we will observe two years without our first boxer, Lilly who went to the Bridge at the age of 16. What good girls we had.

Hope that Stickers and Rusty will make your day a little easier.

·
Registered
284 Posts
:( i can only imagin how you feel. this post has brought tears to my eyes.

maggie may was a beautiful girl. looks like she had a wonderful life with you guys (hugs)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree that those are hard anniversaries and that she was a beautiful girl. I know our Beagle passed away almost 9 years ago and we still have her ashes (kept in a beautiful box in a safe place). My husband and I agreed that we would only bury her only when we know we'll be near her forever.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Good lookin' Basset...funny stories. RIP.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
What a beautiful, frosty face she had...and you can tell just by looking at her that she had plenty of Bassetude.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am one who knows exactly how you feel, and I am sure there are many others on this forum who do also. Her long, obviously happy life is a tribute to how much you loved and cared for her. She deserved it, and you gave that to her.
Our thoughts are with you today.
Sally and Sherman

·
Registered
71 Posts
Adding our thoughts and prayers for you today. The hurt just never really goes away, however the pain does lessen as the time passes. Thank goodness for our other four leggers and two leggers who ease our sorrow.

Take care,

Big Hugs from Susan and Wilson

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I was always particularly fond of Maggie, even though I never met her. I considered her the grand dame of this group and was very sad when she passed. But I know you have years and years of fond memories to help you through the sad times. Dogs like Maggie don't come around very often, but hopefully you'll be blessed with another.

·
Registered
35 Posts
She was very beautiful and graceful in her old age. Mine is my first, and only 4 months old now, and I can't imagine life without him. I'm sure that when you have one for 16 years, you feel like you've lost a piece of yourself.
Woodrow and I are thinking about you and Maggie Mae! :p

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Thinking of you today. As others have said, I don't believe the pain of their passing will ever go away. I dreamed of my Sadie last night, causing me to feel more sadness than usual today. It's now been 7 months since she went to the Bridge. I'm sure Maggie Mae & Sadie have met at the Bridge & we will see them one day!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
We know what a sad day it is for you having just been through that first anniversary ourselves with our loss of Bubba. You are in our thoughts and prayers today, and I'm sure she is smiling down on you guys, Rusty, and Stickers, as she shares a happy tail wagging day with Bubba and the rest of her friends at the bridge. Rest in Peace, Maggie Mae and give Bubba a slobbery kiss for us.
Connie

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can't even imagine what you are going through but it seems like only yesterday that we read of her passing. It brings me GREAT comfort to know that they will be waiting for us at the bridge. They can never be replaced, forgotton, only loved more and mourned for. I am so sorry for your loss. She was a baby, and loved very much. How lucky for all of us to have been blessed with such unconditional love and companionship. I will never forget as a teenager my parents would pick up man named Mr.Timmy and his seeing eye dog Kirby to go to church. You see it was the blind leading the blind. Mr.Timmy was so old and so was Kirby. The only thing Mr.Timmy had left in this world was Kirby and that dog was so old. You could see the cataracts in his eyes, my dad would lift the dog into our car because he could not get in himself. Finally Mr.timmy passed away and the next day Kirby died too. He never left Mr.Timmy, as old as he was until his duty was done. They buried them together, the way they should have. I'm sorry for going on and on, but your love for Maggie Mae just made think of that. Now that my sinuses are a wreak and my keyboard is sticky with wetness, my Baxter is here trying to make me feel better. They are healers and we are so blessed to have them in our lives. May you have comfort and peace.

AManda, Baxter's mama

·
Registered
775 Posts
Maggie was such a special and beautiful girl. My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Many thanks to all of you for your kinds words. They helped me alot yesterday just to get through the day. I miss her so very much. We were blessed to have her in our lives for so many years. You never get over losing them, you just learn to live without them. Again, all of you are such special, caring people and I am also very grateful for that.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Maggie was so beautiful. And I'm so glad that you have the two babies now.

PS I was looking at Dixie just last night ...her "frosty face" at 8+ years old. I was wondering how long I'll have her to enjoy, since we got her late in life. This memorial is encouraging. Thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's hard to believe that a year has passed. I always enjoyed reading about Maggie. I lost Roi 4 years ago and I will never stop missing him. Now I have little Baxter, who will be 5 months old next week, and already I can't imagine life without him! Maggie was a true beauty.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts