Basset Hounds Forum banner

One more week!

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  jaleely 
#1 ·
Winston is now 7 weeks old and will be coming home to live with his big sister Molly next weekend. We are so excited! He was at the vet today and weighed in at 7.75 lbs! Biggest in the litter. I think he's already earned the nicknames Bruiser and Tank. Here's our big boy...as of last week:

See less See more
#3 ·
You people are making me crazy with jealousy over your new puppies!!! If I had my way once one of our dogs got out of the puppy stage we'd get another one. (Just kidding, my husband would kill me! ;)) But seeing all the cute pictures make me want another one!

#7 ·
We went to order a new dog door and my husband insisted that we get the giant breed kind "just in case we want to adopt a mastiff". So for our 50-60 pound short dogs we now have a dog door that's tall enough for a mastiff. He keeps telling me he wants to adopt a 3rd dog and last weekend said he'd like to start volunteering with me at the shelter. I think he wants to pick out a dog.

#9 ·
I just confirmed with the breeder that we will be picking Winston up on Saturday. I can hardly wait! I am thinking we'll bring Molly along and they can bond on the way home. A nice solid hour and a half car ride will hopefully let them get to know each other.

I'm hopeful that he'll acclimate quicker than Molly did since he'll have her around. I've never done the 2 dog thing, so I am filled with nervous excitement. I really hope they like each other!

#11 ·
I'm excited for you too! Having Molly around will definitely help. Rosco used to cry alot when we didn't have Layla. When we brought her home, it took about a week and then they were two peas in a pod! He's so cute!!

#14 ·
There's something about a basset..the eyes, long ears, big feet, squishy body. I'm at work and just want to cancel my next class to go home and cuddle Molly. I doubt my students would mind!

#16 ·
I am getting a brother (i think) soon enough I heard them say.
Humans wanna get me all settled first. It's just been five weeks so they're gonna' wait and let me be the queen a while. (duhhhh) They're used to having two. Said it was a jealous situation at first but soon they were sleeping on top of one another. Bassets are like doritos--can't have just one. mmmm... doritos.... bye.

#17 ·
Yup, they do well in twos! Bowser would love to have another basset sibling (Daisy's a bit to skinny legged, but she plays well so she's okay) but i think he would get soooo jealous of me giving the new basset kisses!
i'm HIS mama! LOL

We want more bassets sooo bad right now, but we really do have to wait until we can get a house. We have this tiny yard out back that just won't hold anymore poop sessions than it already gets no matter how fast i clean it *LOL*
plus i want a place with no stairs, and a biiiiig yard. Hubby used to want greyhounds, but now we're both on the same page with the basset thing ; )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.