Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my step-children got in and the dogs (and us) couldn't have been happier to see them. Chuck wouldn't leave them alone and was "grunting" and "talking" to them all night. For the next month I think it's pretty safe to say that the dogs will be spoiled rotten, like they aren't already! :p

Will try to get some pics and post them in the next couple of days!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Awww Chuck you are one lucky Basset. Wish I had kids to play with but I NEVER see kids. Can you believe there is not one kid in the whole neighbourhood -- at least for a 1/2 mile or more??? I want one!! The only time I see one around here is when the peeps next door grandson comes up about 2x per year and he is only two and cries when he sees me even thru the door. POOP -- Mom says maybe next year we will be friends. So have a lot of fun and have some fun for me. pAIS

·
Registered
517 Posts
Oh Wormmie: r u getting fresh with me? I don't want my own kid -- I want one to borrow, play with and them send home at night. The closest thing I have is the Golden Retriever (sam)a few doors down but mostly he wants to pull me around and get me to swim but as I said before NOPE nooooo swimming for me! Chuckie can you send me one of your kids for a few days -- I'll be good I promise -- I'll take them fishing and they can swim with Sam and Mom will make them blueberry muffins (YUMMY)...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Awww Chuck you are one lucky Basset. Wish I had kids to play with but I NEVER see kids. Can you believe there is not one kid in the whole neighbourhood -- at least for a 1/2 mile or more??? I want one!! pAIS

Hi ya Pais!

I will be happy to mail you my 4 yr old and 14 yr old! You may keep them as long as you want....just as long as you do not send them back within the same week!!:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chuckie...!! where ya been?
ok, post ur adventures soon w/the kiddies...

hee hee, Paisley, you wanna kid???

--Worm
Momma's been busy with work and stuff. She still checks in to see what everyone's been up to but hasn't posted much recently...

She took ridiculous pictures of me and Chum for 4th of July with light up flag hats but hasn't posted those yet either. She's really been slacking!

She said we might go to the lake this weekend....paws crossed!:D

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
You want to be around kids – move by us. They’re everywhere!!! It’s funny, every night when they take their walks hubby takes them down to the park and back – never fails, no matter what kind of game or practice is going on – everything comes to a stop so all the kids can give some belly rubs to the girls. And they keep rubbing till Lucy tells them she’s had enough.

So mean Mikey & Molly – but funny :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Okay Chuckie stick em in them mail! Might take a while since we live pretty far apart so maybe you better send them Fed-Ex! Do they like blueberries and fish?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
So mean Mikey & Molly – but funny

not funny , Anyone that knows Mariah knows it is literally how mariah feels about kids, It is why her contact with them is non-exsistent. When we got her from a rescue We were told that when she was owner reliqushed the two childeren of the house did not want to even say good by to her which always leaves you wondering which came first, her feeling toward kids or how she was treated by kids. All dogs are individual while the breed may have a reputation for being child friendly it is not the case with every dogs. Then again Mariah is not adult friendly either but great with other dogs.

Corey on the other had use to have the neighborhood kids knock on the door and ask if he could come out to play.

Do they like blueberries and fish?
Dear Pais I suggest you feed them Snickers peanut butter squares, the comercial says it will make them taste delicious ,

Mariah.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Fergus just loves kiddos too! I'm so glad you have some to play with! We draw kids from all over when we go on walks. I was worried when we first got him about how he would do with pulling and poking from little hands, but he loves it. I think he loves how they taste too, only just licks thankfully. Makes me feel like we got a good one and he'll hopefully do well when we have our own someday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts