Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to post this - gorgeous hound called Battenburg, 4 years old, West Sussex in UK. Currently with Allsorts Dog Rescue, looking for someone familiar with the breed:
Allsorts Dog Rescue Sussex Availability

Anyone know of a good home for her? Please spread the word...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,134 Posts
Oh why did I have too look if only I'd win the lottery, guessing ex breeding with that undercarriage :eek: & nails. Hope she finds a forever home, bless her!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She does look lovely doesn't she? I wish we were in a better position to adopt, but the cat situation hasn't yet changed (i.e. we still have one, and he's 18, and it's not fair to bring a new dog in at this stage of his life).

All I can do is share widely and hope that it helps get her into her forever home. The Basset Rescue Network GB are aware of her (that's how I found out) so hopefully it won't take long!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Has this rescue organisation contacted Basset Welfare because unfortunately so many don't and this always has been an issue with me. My contact with BW hasn't always been good (individuals!) but they do have people waiting - especially for bitches who tend not to come up for rehoming as often as the boys do. Do the original owners (?) know who bred her because again, these are the people who should be involved in any rehoming. Looks as if she's had a litter (if not more) poor girl.

I will pass the word although my contacts in the Basset world are not as numerous as they once were.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm really really happy to say that Battenburg is no longer listed as up for adoption - this is after being marked as 'no more applications being taken' over the weekend. I'm pretty sure this means she's found a home. I really hope it's a good one - she's had a hard life so far, she deserves to spend the rest of her life being spoilt rotten with belly rubs and treats. :)

Maybe her new owners will sign up here!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I'm really really happy to say that Battenburg is no longer listed as up for adoption - this is after being marked as 'no more applications being taken' over the weekend. I'm pretty sure this means she's found a home. I really hope it's a good one - she's had a hard life so far, she deserves to spend the rest of her life being spoilt rotten with belly rubs and treats. :)

Maybe her new owners will sign up here!
Great news ..... assuming she has found a forever home. Perhaps they'll do something about her NAME!! Much as I love the cakes, I'm not sure this name suits a female Basset Hound

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Oh, I like her name! Although I don't know if I'd end up changing it if I had to say it all the time. But at least it's different... too many Bellas and Bessies (which are lovely names, just common!)
But how do you shorten it - they surely can't keep shouting out Battenburg.... Battie? Bergie? Hum.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i didnt realise just how many bellas there were until i had mine! But i maintain my Bella is beautiful as her name suggests and much more so than other breeds of bella!
Glad battenberg seems to have a new home.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've recently realised that the name Battenburg must have been given to her by the rescue. A lot of their dogs seem to be given names like this, and there are themes. Around the same time as Battenburg there was a Garibaldi and another cake one I can't remember. At the moment, they seem to be on wines e.g. Chablis, Bordeaux, Merlot, and money, e.g. Dollar, Rand, Cent, Sterling...!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts