Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hazel has developed an inappropriate relationship with my husband's favorite blanket. It's a queen sized fuzzy thing with a dragon printed on it. I've witnessed her digging it out of the pile of other blankets and pillows just so she can have relations with it. What causes this? Would washing it help? (not that I don't or haven't, but maybe a different smelling fabric softener?) Or is it the fabric type? How can we stop her?

I caught her no less than then times last night. I'm about to take a picture and post it on a "weird couples" website.

·
Registered
165 Posts
This is admittedly not helpful, but it might be time to give over the blanket and let her have it. Sorry to your husband, but his fondness for it may have something to do with it. We've been fortunate enough that this has only happened with one dog and she was in love with her own blanket. We just let her do her thing... at least it's not someone's leg. :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were it just any blanket we would be more than willing to let her have it, but it was a Christmas present and he's very attached to it. The strange part is that on any given day she's terrified of my husband, so seeing her enjoy something that smells so strongly of his is a little off putting.

She's also been known to have affairs with her bed (a large pillow that once adorned a papasan chair) so it might just be a case of horny dog syndrome. :p

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
About 4 years ago I bought a large stuffed Christmas reindeer with lights and music. For some reason our spayed female decided it was her favorite thing... She runs across the room to attack it the minute it comes out... has her merry way... and so on throughout the holiday season. We put it up every year... but she remembers the minute she sees it. We decided it's "hers" so it gets packed with the dog holiday toys- I decided no harm done and she is just delighted at holiday time when her best friend returns...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts