Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Francis for his "well baby" check up last Friday and last night the vet called to tell me Francis has roundworm(!) and hypothyroid. He's been a tiny bit more sleepy but I was putting it down to the increasing heat. Also, his stools were only a tiny bit more runny in the last couple of days.
Francis is at increased risk for picking up junk from the ground as he puts his nose right to the ground to sniff his way around, he no longer lifts his head to see. Swell. :(
So now we're going to do Panacur C and he had a complete thyroid panel drawn at the vet's.
The funny thing is that Francis has hypothyroid, glaucoma and a parasitic worm and my mother has hypothyroid, glaucoma, and she picked up some nasty bug over the weekend!! Maybe she was sniffing the same ground as Francis.
She was less than thrilled when I brought it up.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I hope Franny gets all straightened out soon. I sure your mom wasn't pleased with the comparison but it was really funny.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Yuck, hope Francis gets better soon.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Sure hope Francis is better soon, poor guy. Bogie is sending some of the wonderful healing drool he has been getting to him.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Hope Frannie feels better soon! :) As an aside, some heartworm preventatives also protect against other parasitic infections. But being in NE, Frannie's probably not on year round HW prevention.

(So Bev, your sense of humor comes from Dad, then?)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
You might want to dose Mom with some panacur as well. If ever there was a dog who you'd think would be riddled with worms, it would be my Lightning. He's a poop connoisseur, and I don't know how often (if ever), the dogs who visit our yard are wormed. But when I had him checked he was clean as a whistle. Go figure. I hope Franny and Mom are bug-free and feeling better soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts