Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from my wife yesterday, just said she had a problem. Only thing I could think of is "what did Ollie do now?" He had grabbed her glasses off the desk, that he couldn't reach before. Here is the evidence that was collected at the crime scene and the prime suspect:

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oh my! haha Can't help but laugh! They are such mischievous little mongrels! Ollie's saying "sorry mom, don't tell dad, pleeeeeeeeease".

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
LOL!!! I swear they must have a "short dog complex". I've had tall dogs, medium dogs and little dogs....never have I seen so many things disappear than with this midget on steroids. Absolutely nothing is safe!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, no cats present in our household, we have "community cats" who scare the you know what outta poor Ollie. I was trying my hardest not to laugh when I saw the damage. The downside to this is now I have to tell the wife whats coming on T.V. now......oh and the $$$ for new glasses.

·
Registered
697 Posts
All my bassets have been expert thieves. I have caught them all doing the front feet on the kitchen counter thing feeling their way for anything to steal! And Henry is also terrified of Cats like little Ollie is! He nearly fell off the vets table when he was tiny because their blind and deaf white clinic cat came near him!!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
daisy our beagle used to steal...she finally stopped. after we got bowser though, she had someone to blame! and she really did start stealing again, and i thought it was him! she actually TAUGHT him to steal! i've finally sorta got them both under control. I realized it was daisy again, most of the time, after a few times of things being chewed when bowser was actually following me around, and daisy was "innocent" in her bed. she actually stole a cheeseburger once, off the counter, and left the wrapper in HIS bed. But he had been outside with me!
Oh, however Popsicle sticks, and chapstick will be found and devoured by bowser if he gets a chance. i eat a lot of Popsicle and he seems to find them in the trash no matter where i trash them. i use a lot of chapstick too, and i have to store it on the highest most surface to keep it..which is annoying when i don't want to get up to go get it. I inevitably think "oh i can leave it here on my table, maybe he won't find it" but nothing fools the basset nose!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
i eat a lot of Popsicle
For the record the proper terminology is "Atitude Adjustment Bars" You will find sharing these with basset will adjust there atitude as well and they well have less need to steal. FWIW Mariah Goes nut for them the higher end they are the better she likes'em She has learn just to lick them and not bite. the others would be just as happy with ice cube.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
"I was framed, I tell ya, FRAMED!"
quite so just look at the evidence. The glass lens were clearly framed. An obviously not well framed to be so easily damaged by a mere fall from the desk.

i've never seen such a guilty look before.
Studies have proven the quiltier the look the less likely the dog did anything bad

The Dog's 'Guilty Look'
Dogs looked most “guilty” if they were admonished by their owners for eating the treat. In fact, dogs that had been obedient and had not eaten the treat, but were scolded by their (misinformed) owners, looked more “guilty” than those that had, in fact, eaten the treat
Hard proof when it comes to dogs the innocent look guiltier than the culprets.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don't worry Ollie, I'll bust ya outta Jail!!!! I'll deliver pizza's and while they are all enjoying them I'll sneak you out in my delivery truck ;)

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
For the record the proper terminology is "Atitude Adjustment Bars" You will find sharing these with basset will adjust there atitude as well and they well have less need to steal. FWIW Mariah Goes nut for them the higher end they are the better she likes'em She has learn just to lick them and not bite. the others would be just as happy with ice cube.
Ollie-- nice job, mah man!! what pirate booty. very nice indeed.
and yeah, i agree, ya do kinda look like Bowsah here... r u two related mewonders?

Mr. Mikey, melikes those bars too. in fact, in our house, we call it "playing Capybara" after this video we saw. me has to shake paws like the capybara, then me gets as much popsicle as me wants (well, actually, as much as my person will give me).... no, they are NOT the same as ice cubes. me not fooled.
--Worm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts