Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Olivia to the groomer on Saturday morning, and she has already started to smell again. The groomer said her smell is typical, and that as far as she could tell there was no reason to worry. Her ears and skin look good.

She smells a bit like an old sock with Fritos in it. Sorry, it's what comes to mind when I smell her. :roll:

Any ideas on how to manage the smell? This morning I took her out, and I could smell her bed before we even got back to the room.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice, I will look at the food and see what is in it.

On a side note, Lina, I am a native of San Jose. Grew up out in Almaden Valley. Moved up here to Washington in 1998. My parents now live in the Cambrian area, close to Los Gatos.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, Olivia has a problem with yeast. I got home yesterday afternoon, and she was very smelly and I noticed she was scratching a lot.

I called my sister-in-law who works at the animal hospital in town, and she said I could bring her in. So I did.

They are saying I can start with shampoo, the one I got has chlorhexedine in it, and that if that does not work, we can go pills.

I told them I wanted that to be a last resort. My parents had a Cocker Spaniel who had the same condition, and the pills were very hard on her liver, and that caused more problems.

I was reading online about some wipes that use acetic acid to help in between baths, has anyone ever tried it? The other thing I saw was a mixture of vingar and water, but not sure I want a dog that smells like pickles.

Hmmm....fritos or pickles....some decision eh?

[ February 22, 2006, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Grommett ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.