Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS IS BAILEY...SHE IS ABOUT 4 1/2 YEARS OLD AND IS AN OWNER SURRENDER...ALMOST A YEAR AGO, SHE WAS LEFT AT A GROOMERS AND THIS FAMILY FELT SORRY FOR HER, SO THEY TOOK HER HOME.
FOR WHATEVER REASON, THEY FEEL THEY CAN NO LONGER CARE FOR HER, SO AT THE END OF THIS WEEK, SHE WILL BE ONE OF MY POUND BABIES...
SHE IS A PURE BRED GIRL, UP TO DATE ON SHOTS, BUT NOT SPAYED...
SHE IS SHY, BUT THE OWNER SAID SHE IS VERY GOOD WITH CHILDREN, DOGS, AND CATS...
THIS SWEET GIRL WILL BE TERRIFIED AT OUR POUND. PLEASE, IF YOU KNOW OF A RESCUE OR SOMEONE THAT CAN SAVE HER THE ORDEAL OF ENDING UP IN OUR POUND, LET ME KNOW...
SHE IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL GIRL AND VERY HEALTHY...WAS A HOUSE DOG, NOW IS JUST PUT OUT BACK...
WE ONLY HAVE TIL THE END OF THIS WEEK...
TERRY LYNN
580-660-1344

Thanks, Cassandra

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am looking for a companion for my Bassett who is about the same age. I assume from the title that you are in Oklahoma. I am in South Florida, if there was a way to get her here that was not very difficult I would likely take her. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I do not live in or near Oklahoma ...but WV. I am friends with an online group who helps bassets so I post over here as well. I am not sure if you could get her transported, whether or not they would be willing to ship her.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I live in south Georgia and I would certainly be willing to help if needed.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
She is a cutie, and seems very much in need of a good home. I was hoping to find another dog for our family sometime in the next year or two. My own Basset, Moe, is almost nine years old (I don't even want to think about losing him yet - he's MY baby) and we have an eight year old female Dachsie named Tally(my daughter's dog). She's the problem. Dachsie's are relatively long-lived dogs. She's extremely attached to Moe. We're afraid if something happens to Moe that she will resort to her previous nuerotic behaviors and they'll be magnified (she used to have very severe separation anxiety and anxiety/stress seemed to bring on her seizures). When Moe stayed overnite at the vet's for surgery last fall we got a taste of how Tally would be without him around... she was very frantic and couldn't be comforted. We live in southern RI... and I recently started a full-time job with a very varied work-schedule (another reason Tally needs a doggie companion). Tally is not the only reason we'd like another dog... I really do LOVE Bassets and don't want to be without one. I find them uniquely loveable and interesting. At this time I feel that, due to my new job, I may not be in the best position to help a new dog settle in :( much as I would love to be able to. Especially one who seems so sweet and really needs some loving family to take her in. I'm not ruling it out comepletely, though. Also, you are so far from us. How would something like that affect us adopting her? IF we were able to?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts