Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, one of my three dogs (Elmer) has decided that he is just too gorgeous to risk getting his fur rumpled coming in and out of a doggie door. The other two are using it pretty well, although Button has convinced himself that it is only an "In" door, not an "out". This video is pretty dark, but you get the idea. That dog has had me on my knees since the day I brought him home! Any suggestions? Swiss cheese didn't work, perhaps something more exotic? :wacko:

·
Registered
511 Posts
I couldn't get it to play. It only shows a picture.
I haven't tried to post a video with the new forum yet, so I don't know what the problem is.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I got it to work. Hopefully its viewable. In case its not: Lots of whining, barking and pushing the flap a little with his nose. Not even willing to risk the horrible plastic flaps for cheese! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
511 Posts
The video works now. The barking and whining made my two run out their dog door looking for another dog, so I don't know what your problem is. :lol:
I would of thought that with the other dogs using it, you wouldn't have a problem. Dozer was quick learner, and Digger just followed Dozer. My two had to use the wall mounted dog door, or they couldn't go out. The back door was not an option, because the yard wasn't fenced in.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I think Mr. Scaredy Pants is over his phobia. He's been going in and OUT all day. Which is wonderful! Of course, tonight it was drizzling, so Button decided that, rather than get his paws wet, he would p--p in the sunroom. I caught him in the act and chased him out the dog door. I never saw 63 pounds get thru an opening that small, that fast in my life. :lol: Soooo, (this is where it gets good) as I was shutting the door after depositing the p--p bag in the trash, something flew by my face and into the house. I thought it was a bat! A small sparrow actually brushed my chin with his wings as he flew in the front door. He flew all around, lighting on various objects, and up into our vaulted ceilings, clung to the brickwork over the fireplace and generally looked terrified as the dogs circled, looking puzzled. I cut off all the lights in the house, and opened the sunroom door and turned on the deck light. He finally flew out on his own, but I was totally freaked out! I think I've had enough of the Wild Kingdom today! I actually got so freaked out that I prayed for the superstitious thoughts to leave my mind.

I think I need to see pictures of cute Bassets . . . :blink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts