Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this in a UAPM e-mail this morning. I and don't have any other information, but am posting because I thought some of you might be interested.

Quote:

"Ohio Puppy Mill Bill. As mentioned in previous updates, Representatives Cheryl Grossman and Carlton Weddington will be introducing a *puppy mill bill that will (among many provisions to address breeding kennels in Ohio) cap the number of unaltered dogs, as well as establish reasonable and enforceable shelter standards and veterinarian care. Given that the new bill will rely on local enforcement with state oversight (requiring little to no additional fiscal resources from the state), we are confident the proposed legislation will please all interested stakeholders.

*Many of our friends and supporters have asked us why we did not request a ban on Ohio dog auctions to be included in the proposed bill. After a tremendous amount of discussion over the past year with humane advocates from across the country (many of them who have, and are currently, traveling down this path), we firmly believe bringing this issue to a VOTE BY THE PEOPLE will ensure a guaranteed WIN FOR THE DOGS! "

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hmmmm.....it will be interesting to see where this goes. I hope they can get a good bill written and passed.

Thanks - as alwasy - for the post and info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts