Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are only an hour or two away from the beach and have decided to take snoopy there on Saturday. She doesnt travel well but figure it will be worth it in the end once we get there and she gets to run about and sniff the fresh sea air.

I hope she likes it. We plan to walk for miles and miles and take a picnic and sit on the beach. Ive backed our camera so we will be sure to get lots of snaps to show you guys next week.

Snoopy cant wait - I'm pretty excited too. Just hope it doesnt rain and isnt too windy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hope snoopy has fun! Baxter is going to a St. Patrick's Day "pawty" on Sunday. It's run by the ABC Basset Rescue and sounds like it will be fun- games, houndie snacks, contests, etc. I'm trying to socialize him as much as possible, but like snoopy, he is not a good traveler. Every time he goes for a ride in the car, even for 15 or so minutes, he gets sick :blink: ! This is a 2 hour drive each way, so I'm not looking forward to that part! The vet gave us some pills, but we have to be careful not to give him too much or he'll be sleepy the whole time. Not enough, and you know what :( ! It's always an experiment. The weather is supposed to warm up and it's supposed to be sunny, so hopefully it will be a fun day for all!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mr. Runcible loves to go for drives, but my previous basset didn't enjoy it to much.
If I was going on long trips I used to give her pills, but as clarejon said - they do
get sleepy. So we tried to avoid it if it wasn't strictly neccessary. Like bassets aren't
calm enough without help :p

Going for walks in the hot sun is not good for dogs. That's what's so great about
the beach, then one can still go for walks. It's just to take a dip in the water too
cool off - for humans _and_ dogs. I'm so looking forward to summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts