Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I really liked your "Ode to Cyberhound". I know what you mean about having a hole left in your heart after losing Lucy. When we lost Bubba to cancer in December 2005 we were devistated. He had been our fur kid and traveling companion for 6 years. When we notified the breeder,that we had lost him, she told us she had his nephew who was 10 months old, and would we like to have him. Bubba and Bogie's mom were from the same litter, and Bogie was from her last litter. This was only two weeks after losing Bubba and at first we said NO! We just couldn't have another one so soon.
We called back the next day, realizing fate had stepped in, and headed out to pick up Bogie. It was the best thing we ever did. Bogie helped heal that hole, but Bubba will forever be special, in our hearts, and never forgotten.
You will know when the time is right for you to have another Basset.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I liked your poem too! I completely understand the feelings that go along with losing a hound. We lost Scully to lymphoma on October 11, 2009, at the age of exactly 11 and a half. My hubby and I were absolutely crushed and felt like our hearts had been ripped out. Our girl was so special and we had been through so much, with her being faithfully by our sides. I was not really sure that I could ever open my heart to another hound. Well, just a few weeks ago we welcomed another basset into our life. I found out about him from a dear friend, and it all just fell into place. He is an absolte joy to have in our family. I still miss Scully so very much, and I always will. We know that nothing could ever replace her, but our new boy Larsen has really been helping to mend our hearts.

It is true that you will know when the time is right to bring another basset home. I hope that in time you will find that special one who will help heal your heart too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We found Snickers from the ads in the Patriot News.. It's the Harrisburg area's paper. Now granted it was last July... we got her up in Perry County. Crazy thing was, I think they had a hard time adopting them all out, cause for almost a month after we got Snick, they were still advertising in the paper. I was also looking on this site about all the puppies they rescued.. but that is a LONG drive to New York,(that is if there are any left)
Don't worry, your new baby will fall into your lap, and when she does, maybe we could arrange a playdate or something!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah I have an album on here titled Snickers Marie. Her coloring has changed a bit (and still is) She was the prettiest and smallest of the litter. So glad she picked us. Still trying to convince the hubby to get another... maybe when she's a little older perhaps, really would LOVE to rescue one!
I had no idea they had field trials in the area... I would LOVE to go, I think it would be a great place to "network"!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the links, gsally. I will check them out at a later time... just doing some last minute internet crusin' before bed. Gotta be up early for work tomorrow:(
She is very special to us... she knows how to push them buttons though, but that face just makes you melt! Got a real hard time being firm with her!!!
I wish you tons of luck with response to the rescue...keep us posted!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any news about a new "furbaby" yet???? I was reading another topic (pet insurance), and saw how you mentioned about getting 2... I would SO love another, SO badly.. I think she needs a pal. But then on the other hand, I think I'm nuts, cause we are trying to start a family.....we'll see what the future holds!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts