Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the board. And crazy about Bassets. I have a beagle who will be 10 months old but I am hoping to get a Basset hound as well. My best friends mother had Bassets while we were growing up, and that goes a long ways back. I remember the days when we'd goof around with her bassets dressing them up and parading them around. It was soo much fun. They were so good natured even to the point of letting me do a demontration speech of how to groom a basset hound in high school. Needless to say, I got an A on that speech. It was quite the attention getter. hehehe. Anyway. Just wanted to say Hi and Introduce myself. And yesssss I make pizza's, (Not for a living, for a hobby) hehehe

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My husband said I have to wait until the cats are gone. I have my beagle, and we have the two cats, and he said he can't handle that many pets. So, unfortunately, I have to wait. They are 14 years old and still going strong. So......Until then, I will have to make friends with all the basset people and get my fill that way. Or volunteer to take care of peoples bassets when they need help. OR something. For now, I just intend to get more involved in someway to be with the breed I love. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my beagle, but....I realized after the fact, that the basset is really the breed for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think we're all nuts about bassets! hehe

·
Registered
209 Posts
My husband said I have to wait until the cats are gone.

That is what I told my wife as well. We have a 70lb Chow/Lab mix who is 12+ years old. I said no way are we going to get another dog until he goes.....That lasted until I saw the basset puppies.....Now I have 2 bassets and the crabby old grampa chow!

PS. I could eat pizza for every meal of the day and NEVER get tired of it!!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
my cousin lulu played with an intact great dane named harley once.
she ran under his legs. suddenly, he was nuts over her too!

hee hee

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
bacon called and said, "what am i chopped liver?"
Estha, too funny!

k, how bout a bacon pizza???
mmmm. getting so hungry here...

Welcome, Pizzaman (or woman?)!!
my peeple had me for less than a year. i'm a terror & a delight they say. naw, i'm really not that terrorble.

my person has always been in looove w/bassets, maybe because of the Hush Puppy? or because of a coupla stuffed animals that look like bassets? anyway, she got me & said that she was right... hope ya get to experience one of us bassets real soon ;)
--Worm

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know he's pretty stubborn and stuck in his ways.... I was sort of thinking about trying to get a basset meet up at a dog park or something and get him to the dog park and see how he likes the dogs. It would be baptism by fire :) But then he'd see just how sweet and wonderful they really are and let one into his heart.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts