Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fighting a real bad head cold and took an antihistime the other night. It was too strong and put me into a "dead to the world" sleep.

The next morning, Ruby was carrying on like she was crazed! She kept putting her front feet on the bed and nudging me with her cold nose and whining in my face. I was so groggy from that pill that I hollered for my husband, thinking the time was about 6 a.m. and he was getting dressed for work.

When I got up, I realized that it was past 9 a.m., hubby had been gone a long time already and it seemed to me that Ruby wanted to wake me up. Once I was up, she found a comfy spot on the carpet in a sunbeam and fell asleep.

Isn't she such a good nurse? Can you picture her with a nurse's cap? :p

Janice

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Apparently Ruby thought that you had enough rest. I'm home sick with the flu. Yesterday my dogs were great. It was nice enough to have the side door open so they could run in and out as they pleased. Today is rainy and cold. Now usually Lily would be pestering me because thats what Lily does. Suprisingly she's been a jewel and left me alone. Now Gibbs my quiet one on the other hand must've felt that I have slept long enough and has been pestering me all day. Barking and all. Boy if our health was left in the hands of our hounds we'd sure be in for some trouble. ;)

~Heather

1 - 2 of 2 Posts