Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Annie has been a little sluggish this week, which I wrote off to the hot weather, some days in the 90's.......and maybe that was right. Today, I fed her breakfast which she threw up in a half hour. I had to leave for a couple hours this afternoon and before I had left I took her out in the yard and she was cruising along fine off the leash when all the sudden she stopped and fell over onto her side, with her right hind leg drawed up she was licking at her tummy and bewbies. I couldn't figure out what the heck had happened ?muscle cramp. It took her awhile before she would move, but finally stood up and went back in the house. There was no separation anxiety cries when I left (and yes I felt guilty leaving her sick), but she was howling a bit when I came home. I offered a small lunch for her which she ate and kept down. We walked (though slowly) to Dad's tonight for our visit but she was very quiet there. Came home, slow gait.... pooped and peed fine. Attempted to feed her dinner twice but her stomach was growly and she did a couple of those praying stretches that indicate a tummy ache. So we are now in bed, her asleep, stomach growling away and me worried. Darnit, hate when our kids are sick. The other thing I noticed this week was it looks like her bewbies are more swollen. Not red nor warm to touch just larger and more pendulous. I worry about pyometra, no vaginal discharge that I have seen. Her prior history is unknown to me as I adopted her as a stray from the shelter a little over a month ago. Then they said she had mastitis and was on antibiotics. She was to be spayed and have a breast mass removed soon that was found on her initial vet exam by my vet (the shelter let her go without spaying since I was a couple hours away and because she was still on the antibiotics). Will see how we do through the night and think I will speak with the vet in the morning.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Feel better soon Annie! We'll keep her in our thoughts and healing drool is getting slung your way from Doppler and Virga.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: Annie went about 20 hours without eating or drinking, but my last attempt to offer food before going off to the vet was successful around noon yesterday. Her poor belly growled all night and morning long and she wasn't herself. But she has been eating for me since and had BM tho loosey this AM. Acting more like herself today as well :) So hopefully we are OK. (whew) Thanks for your thoughts and concern........

·
Registered
761 Posts
Glad to hear she's feeling better. Here's to hoping that she continues to get better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts