Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to adopt Bassets near N.S. (Willing to drive to PEI, N.B.). I don't think I am really ready for a puppy so adopting a little older dog seems like the best bet for me when I do end up deciding to get a hound. Really appreciate any and all help, thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Barring breed rescues in your area, check in with some breeders at let them know you are looking for an adult Basset. Many breeders will have a retired showdog or dog that was returned because the owners could not care for it. If they personally do not, they probably know another breeder that does.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Barring breed rescues in your area, check in with some breeders at let them know you are looking for an adult Basset. Many breeders will have a retired showdog or dog that was returned because the owners could not care for it. If they personally do not, they probably know another breeder that does.
Try the BHCC Rescue and yes, bigger breeders often do have retired adults they'd like to get out of kennels during their later years.

Here is one website - ok, Ontario, but they may be able to point you in the right direction.
http://www.bassetrescue.ca/cbrn/index.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts