Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! We are presently in Ocean Falls, B.C. This is a very beautiful spot and has a 100 year old history. We're catching Dungeness by the basket full - so much that I took the crab pots away from dear Hubby! If anyone is interested, you can buy this whole town for 6.5 million!! :lol:

All has been good (with the exception of missing the hound) and we've managed to be "on the hook" (at anchor) most of the time. Saves money and is much more peaceful than being at the dock - of course, I have been accused of being anti-social :? .

On our way to Eucott Hot Springs where the water comes out of the ground at 120 degrees! Have to cool it down before you soak.
Will update you along the way.

P.S. Having trouble with camera :x but will keep trying to get them uploaded.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Let me know if you'll be swinging by Nanaimo! I'm sure Mocha and Beldin would love to meet ya!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
ship some of those Dungeness here. I'm sure Winston and Henri would love some crab cakes, or crab bisque. :D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hi Lynne! :D Glad you're having a relaxing time.

I'm heading out to the mountains next month, so I'm not feeling quite so sorry for myself now. Seems if I can get there once a year, my soul is refreshed. (Or else the altitude is getting me high :D )

will be waiting for your next post.

Sandy

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Sounds like a wonderful trip. But now I want to stop at the store and buy crab for dinner tonight. Too bad it wouldn't be anywhere near as fresh as what you are eating.

Glad you're having a good time even without Huck. Have you picked up a present to bring him to atone for your sins?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am so happy that you are finally having a wonderful and relaxing trip. Enjoy your time and don't miss the kids too much. They are probably having fun at home too, parties and such, while the adults are gone.

I could really go for some real crab right now. Yum Enjoy.

Susan and Wilson

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ooooo...fresh crabs, I bet the houndies would go crazy if they were there. Glad to hear your trip is going well. The hot springs sound nice... maybe a little too hot for me. I hope your trip continues to go well and thanks for keeping us posted.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sounds like you are having a great time! Actually I will be in Nanaimo on 7/13 on my way to DeCourcy Island. Good to know the crabs are plentiful this year - I'll have to see if I can find the crab pot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts