Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this is not related to basset hounds and I really hope this doesn't get me banned. I really truly think some of you might be interested or I wouldn't risk my membership here. You're a creative group!

The company I work for, Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods, is holding a competition to win a trip for 2 to Scotland. We're having an oatmeal cook-off and the winner will represent our company in the 2011 Golden Spurtle World Porridge Championships (bet you didn't know there were World Porridge Championships). Essentially, we're looking for someone to create a sweet or savory dish using our Steel Cut Oats. All you have to do is create a dish, make a short video and submit it at www.sparforthespurtle.com

The competition is very low right now- with only a few enteries and only two weeks left to enter, so you're chances are pretty good. My husband and I fell in love with Scotland on our visit last year for the competition. The competition is a heck of a lot of fun, so if you're nervous about competing, it's really not that bad- plus you'd get loads of support from us. So, if you're bored and want a chance to see Scotland- check it out.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
How funny...we make steel cut oat porridge every week! Wonder how Annie would come off on video cooking it?!!? (keeping it Basset related ;) )

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
you could fashion some sort of glove for a basset paw, and have a wooden spoon attachment. oh or even better yet, a clasp for interchangeable kitchen tools... spoon here, a spatula there, a burger-flipper flat thingie over yonder.

keeping it basset related, annie can stir, no?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Of course she can! She stirs all the time...it's one of her favorite things to do. In fact, I sometimes have to step in so she doesn't go stir crazy! Hehehe

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seriously, if you've ever been inclined this is a great opportunity and we only have 1 entry so far. That leaves at least 2 spots open... Just saying. I'd love to see one of my basset-loving friends end up on a trip to a place that seems perfect for basset hounds. They really seem like they could have come from Scotland... even if they are French.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Very cool, thanks for the link!
We actually use quite a bit of Bob's Red Mill products, as we cook/bake gluten free for my 9 year old.
And keeping it basset related, Molly's homemade treats get made with GF products. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts