Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is officially the 5th week in a row of snow, and I'm sick of it, but the boys just love it.

I know I left a treat out here. (Dozer was barking at Digger earlier, and when I shoveled a path, I found the treat that he hid)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I love the pics! My gang wants to know if they can come visit and romp in the snow? Ours is starting to melt.

Bassets playing in the snow is great entertainment!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Wow, that is some snow mountain. We just got our first snow today, about 4-5 inches. Nothing compared to what you have gotten!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh that's a lot of snow!! They seem, to be enjoying the view from atop the pile o'snow! So, do they jump out of the yard when the snow gets that high?

Our fences are 6 feet (remember we have 3 Newfs so we need high fences) and some years the snow gets so deep in our yard we have to shovel around the perimeter of the yard to keep the dogs from being able to walk over the fences! I guess that won't be an issue with Floyd...but your snow sure looks to be getting pretty high on that fence!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
What a lot of snow! It IS beautiful and your boys seem to really enjoy it! Just how deep is it?

Last night we got a dusting of snow. Moe LOVES snow and acts like a pup when he gets to play in it, but last night's dusting is all we've had so far. It doesn't break my heart any... I hate cleaning up after all those wet feet (dog and human!). :rolleyes:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh that's a lot of snow!! They seem, to be enjoying the view from atop the pile o'snow! So, do they jump out of the yard when the snow gets that high?

Our fences are 6 feet (remember we have 3 Newfs so we need high fences) and some years the snow gets so deep in our yard we have to shovel around the perimeter of the yard to keep the dogs from being able to walk over the fences! I guess that won't be an issue with Floyd...but your snow sure looks to be getting pretty high on that fence![/b]
The big pile is away from the fence, but the boys like to watch the neighbors. I do worry about the shorter picket fence though. It's only 40 inches tall, and since the first storm, we have had a total of 26 inches of snow.
It's all starting to melt now, and I'm hoping it will be gone in a week. :lol: Normally we get a few days of warmer weather after a snow, but we just broke the record of 30 days with constant snow on the ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts