Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going thru old faded pictures, so that I can put them on disks.
I was so thrilled when I came across these three pics of my very first Basset Hound, Lady Brutus. (taken 35 years ago)
She was a real clown. In the one pic you can see she is wearing a collar, as she had ear surgery.
Directly behind her is the dog door, that led ouside where she ran free...(that was allowed back then) :roll: Anyway, she actually chased an ambulance once, with that collar on! pretty funny looking. She was the only one of my basset that could ever sit up. She did it constantly, just so she would get a treat...

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Aww.. what a sweet girl. When I come across pictures of animals I had as a child, I realize that I still love them after 45 years just as I loved them then. And I also remember the days long ago of no 'leash laws', when animals ran around the neighborhood -they ususally ended up hanging out in our front yard because that's where all the kids congregated too! Duke, the retreiver, Peepers the greyhound , Butch the beagle, and Herbie our sweet hound mix- I have lots of happy memories of those neighborhood dogs- ah, nostalgia!

·
Registered
714 Posts
That's great, gone but not forgotten. Lady Brutus, that's a unique name.

This takes me back to when I was kid, my neighbor's Bassets were my first exposure to the breed, and my inspiration for getting them once I was ready to be a dog owner. (Or rather a hound ownee/food slave.)
Thanks for sharing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts