Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
where's wormy when you need him ? depends how far north you call Northern, San fran and north?
Why right here, Mr. Mikey!!

we are in the SF Bay Area, not too far from SF. Hey Norcal bassets-- didya know that Basset Nationals are in Sacramento this year? Please come by, there will be weekend festivities and weekday festivities... and my person says I will be there most days! and would be great to say 'hi'! plus we hears there will be lotsa basset vendors too. we dunno what to expect. never been to Nationals before. but we r getting excited that they are here!

also, there r lotsa competitions, so you should consider entering, esp if you have AKC papers. unfortunately some of the competitions are just for AKC bassets, if i understand correctly. Conformation obviously. but also Field Trials. I think Agility and Rally are open to all bassets, not just AKC ones, but obviously you prolly need to get some specialized training in those areas to want to compete in them.

Cheers! Worm

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
. I think Agility and Rally are open to all bassets, not just AKC ones
you would still need an ilp/Pal from akc but they are relatively easy to get if the dog looks like a basset 40 bucks i thing two photos one from front one side and fill out the application same for track and hunt test and obedience . Conformation and field trials require Full AKC registration though dogs can be spayed/nuetered for field trials not the case for conformation.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts