Basset Hounds Forum banner

Nope....and you can't make me!

4K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Gracie's Mama 
#1 ·
So today I was taking Gracie potty and it was time to back in the house...or so I thought. I felt a tug on the leash and then outright resistance. I turned around and there was my sweet little Gracie. Flat basset on the ground. "Come on, Gracie!", I said excitedly. Nope. Don't want to. Not gonna do it. And you can't make me.

See less See more
#6 ·
Beautifull excample of a bassets behaviour I feel. But at this age not a problem yet, at 25 kilos I guess it will be a bit of a problem.......
Fientje is exactly the same, there are moments when its cute and moments when I can get really annoyed untill I look behind me and see her cute face.....then all the annoyance i finished.....;)

#8 ·
Charlotte does this ALL the time! Especially now that we are getting pretty hot here in DC. When she gets hot and tired she will plop down in the grass (or better yet mud if she can find it) and will not move. We have learned to take a ball or treat with us but im afraid that won't even motivate her some afternoons.

#12 ·
Plus they have this ability to lose every bone in there body....then they almost become limp, heavy and slippery....Woody hasn't played the flat basset for me, but he will not come for my daughter..you can almost see him testing her to chase him...and I am no help because I am too busy giggling at them....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.